Notices
Car Audio & Electronics Discuss Your Car's Electronics Here. Head Units, Amplifiers, Speakers, Wiring, Security, Radar, & More!

And this is why I think SAT Radio in cars will be obsolete, soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:40 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post And this is why I think SAT Radio in cars will be obsolete, soon

GM to offer in-vehicle WiFi on select models — Autoblog

Not just b/c this is GM but my point is with internet radio like Pandora and slacker who needs XM?

Everywhere connectivity is even closer with the announcement that GM will be offering dealer-installed Autonet routers in its SUV and truck offerings. Chrysler was the first to put Autonet in cars a year ago, and Volkswagen signed up in August of this year, putting the mobile router docking station in its Routan. The Autonet kit is available this month for installs in the GMC, Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac lineups, or you can order it on GM's accessories site.

Full price for installation is $500 in GM offerings, and you'll pay $29 every month for 1 GB of service -- exceed 1 GB and service stops -- or you can plunk down for the 5 GB service. You can use it within 150 feet of your car but there's no encryption, so a bunch of other folks can use it as well. However, if you just want to get some e-mails and directions, research a few tunes on Songza, and, most importantly, get the kids to be quiet for a spell, it just might be worth it.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, but I dont think WiFi will end Sat Radio.