Notices

Election results...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
How dare you Americans have opinions about Canada.

Just kidding!

Old 05-14-2011, 10:08 PM
I don't even really like Obama.
Sutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond repute
Oh hey guys.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
hosers.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Sutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond reputeSutler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VegasFloyd
hosers.

Sorry for not getting involved in this debate earlier:
1) Canadian politics are (usually) boring.
2) I don't check the Canada forum much.

Anyways, the thought of a Conservative majority for four years is something I'm absolutely dreading. No offence to our buddies to the South, but Harper's trying to turn us in to a mini-USA. Billions of fighter jets when our hospitals are literally falling apart, repealing the long gun registry and becoming more 'tough on crime' -- all are things that are in my opinion, and the opinions of likely the majority of Canadians, not what we stand for.

I don't think that, if people had known that it would be a majority government, the Conservatives would have gotten elected. The fact that the popular vote STRONGLY leaned towards a left wing government shows a lot. As an individual, I don't mind Harper. I don't really like any of the (former) party leaders, but he's neither my favourite nor the worst. Up here you're not really voting for a leader, though, you're voting for the party platform.

I'm glad the NDP gained some ground -- having an official opposition that's 'completely' the opposite of the government in power is the best alternative to a conservative minority. I believe that the NDP wasn't ready for a majority government this term, but being the OO for a few years should set them up for it (though this is entirely speculation). Their policies on healthcare, among other things, are almost exactly what we need.

I think people are tired of and disappointed with the Liberals, and that their dynasty has all but ended. They may gain a few seats next election, but I doubt it.

Oh, and Chris, I did decide to read more and talk less for a while. It's just about killed me . I'd rather risk drowning in the deep end than splashing in the shallows.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree that more money for the healthcare system would be nice. We need to replace the cf 18's no way around that unless you want to give up air force capabilities. The long gun registry has been a waste of money from the beginning. Making gun ownership for law abiding Canadians difficult hasn't stopped criminals from getting their hands on them- at all. Building prisons and creating stiffer sentences is tough on crime. Remember Harper won a solid majority so let's see what actually gets done before you accuse him of turning us into "USA jr"

Old 05-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
I agree that more money for the healthcare system would be nice. We need to replace the cf 18's no way around that unless you want to give up air force capabilities. The long gun registry has been a waste of money from the beginning. Making gun ownership for law abiding Canadians difficult hasn't stopped criminals from getting their hands on them- at all. Building prisons and creating stiffer sentences is tough on crime. Remember Harper won a solid majority so let's see what actually gets done before you accuse him of turning us into "USA jr"
I'm basing this on what he campaigned on. You're right that it doesn't stop criminals from getting their hands on guns, but maybe it stops normal people from becoming criminals quite so easily.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned
Normal people usually don't become criminals just because they have a gun

Old 05-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Banned
Not everything cool is banned in Canada Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply guess I should start saving

Old 05-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Normal people usually don't become criminals just because they have a gun
But they can make more serious crimes easier to commit. That's a whole different debate though :P.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Not everything cool is banned in Canada Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply guess I should start saving
What are yall's gun laws? Can you own AR's, handguns, etc?

(i dont feel like researching it)

Quick Reply: Election results...