Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Bridgestone Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kmans is on a distinguished roadkmans is on a distinguished road
Bridgestone Tires

My newly acquired 2011 Boxster Spyder came with Bridgestone rather than Michelin tires. Have had lots of experience with the Michelin Super Sports but none with Bridgestone. Have any of you guys had Bridgestone tires on your Porsche's and how have they held up? I am hoping to have as good an experience with these Bridgestone's as I have had with the Michelin's. Please share your experience.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
stanletmontena is an unknown quantity at this point
I have vibration Bridgestone Dueler Tires on CR-V, and its way much better

Old 07-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
well, which bridgestone do you have? most of their performance line is pretty good. all performance tires wear out around 15k miles or less so to me it's a moot point talking about durability

Old 08-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by djantlive
well, which bridgestone do you have? most of their performance line is pretty good. all performance tires wear out around 15k miles or less so to me it's a moot point talking about durability
Mine are Bridgestone Potenza RE50A. Any experience with these?

Old 08-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Well Porsche had a deal with bridgestone when the 997.2 (and the boxster spyder, cayman r and so on) came out, that most cars were delivered with Bridgestone RE050A...since the 991 is out Pirelli seems to have that deal. This is likely to tell you one thing: that the Bridgestone tires work pretty well on your car. As far as what I heard and what I experienced with other cars, the RE050As last pretty long. I cannot tell you what mileage to expect on your car though. But if you're satisfied, keep them. When you need to change them, you could think about switching to SuperSports since they'll probably give you a little more feedback and grip. But don't expect them to last any longer than the Bridgestone.

Last edited by Maxtheone; 08-04-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kmans
Mine are Bridgestone Potenza RE50A. Any experience with these?
RE050A came out about 5-7 years ago. It's a good tire but isn't as good as Michelin Super Pilot, which I think is the best street tire out there today.

RE050A tends to get soft when hot. So, shorter life compare to super pilots. Probably at par with PS2. You may notice a stiffer sidewall, which translates into more feel of the road but slightly harsher ride.

I would enjoy them as they are good tires. When it is time, replace them with Super pilots. That's what I am doing for all my cars. I am changing all to super pilots.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Thanks guys for your input. I had Michelin Super Sports on my 2008 Cayman S and loved them. Will change to the Michelin's when the Bridgestone's are worn out.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
david9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enoughdavid9962000 will become famous soon enough
The Super Sport is also lighter.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:50 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Within my history of selling N spec tires there is little difference. Porsche has specific regs on N Spec. Google it. Your tires are fine. Enjoy the car.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Our shop Cayman S has fresh RE-11s and I had her out on a little oval/figure 8 track this weekend. Super sticky and confidence inspiring. I thought they were great

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Tires