Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

2014 Cayman S arrived today

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 10:14 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Tim@POTML You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
ECS- With almost a month and just over a 1,000 miles I think the Cayman S is one of the best all-around cars I have driven. With my job I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to drive almost every car I have ever dreamed of. There are many cars that are faster / more hp, but it really comes down to balance/performance and usability for me. The first Gen Cayman S was my first Porsche and it really fit my style and needs so I knew the New 981 was going to be everything I wanted plus some.

I use mine as a daily driver. I just had our annual Rally this past weekend as well. So I have used it for my drive to work and for some fun sporty driving on the back roads. It is extremely comfortable and has all the creature comfort options anyone would want. Yet it is a blast to drive and with the sport exhaust I tend to drive it in sport mode more than anything. I have driven manuals for 14 years and the new PDK is really a fantastic transmission. It shifts so quickly and with the sport wheel w/paddles it feels natural to go through the gears.

I have had only one problem where my PCM decided to turn off while I was driving on the Rally over the weekend. It was kind of weird and I restarted the vehicle and still nothing. Starting driving and then it just came back on again. I have my techs looking into but the same thing happened with my 2012 Cayenne. I am not sure if there needs to be an update or something but otherwise the vehicle is perfect.

The one item I suggest for any 981 owner is to get your dealer to turn off the “meep meep” locking sound. I really hated that and it sounded like road runner every time you locked the car.

If anyone is on the fence about the new Boxster or Cayman I would full recommend it. I might be a bit biased but it is truly is a blast to drive and I cannot wait to get in and drive every day!

Old 06-06-2013, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
I might be just a little jealous of your job That's great to hear, I really hope to find a nice used S (09-up) in the next couple of years and will keep you in mind when the hunt officially starts. Thank you for taking the time and writing your thoughts much appreciated.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Does look really good.