Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Custom Ordering a 981, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
budrichard is an unknown quantity at this point
Eduardo has been correct on all counts.
I have had to teach my Dealer who gave me incorrect information on pricing as well as learn myself.
Anyway as of yesterday Gulf Blue still in analysis but Gulf Orange approved. Go figure!
My order went in for GT Silver, Carrara Red Leather etc. If in the process Gulf Blue is aproved, then if we can we will change the order and wait for the time it takes. I have also asked to have the exterior trim bits in Gulf Orange then. doesn't seem to hard because it's already approved and if I ordered the Gulf Ornage they could paint the trim bits to match. Wife doesn't like Gulf Orange for the exterior nor Mexico Bue as an alternative, so we wait.
I have decided to keep the Guards Red seatbelts. If I don't like them I can change.
My previous experience with bespoke ordering(not vehicles) is that it takes a lot of effort on both the purchaser and seller and you really never quite get it right the first time or maybe anytime but when you do get it right, it's great.
We shall see. I'm tired now as I have been going at this for a week, learning as I go.-Dick

Old 01-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
POLTV is an unknown quantity at this point
Great news, ISUK - thank you ! From your experience of ordering your Boxster in Lambo colour: did you just give to Porsche the correct commercial/brand name (and the name of original car manufacturer - Lambo) of the paint and correct paint code (taken from Lambo) OR you had to bring to Porsche the exact specimen ? I mean a piece of metal surface with the "live" paint.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
isuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant futureisuk has a brilliant future
I posted pics of the car back on page 3 of this thread. I had to send physical samples of both the exterior paint and the interior leather to the factory for them to match to. Fortunately my Porsche dealer has a sister Lamborghini franchise within the group (whom I've also bought a couple of Gallardos from in the past) so they were happy to loan out their showroom samples for the two weeks or so that Porsche required them for.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
981 ordered with Mexico Blue, approved PTS color, black top, black leather interior.
No telling how long for Gulf Blue, if ever, to be approved, (Gulf Orange approved, go figure).
Since PTS is $5500, only a $3KUSD premium over GT Silver.
Outside bits left black for contrast, cannot add amy contrast in interior as those options are blocked out when you order Custom Paint in the Configuratoe and Sacha says, better to paint after market as Porsche has no way other than maybe some Ultra Custom Program I expect is reserved for oil Shieks and Billionaires?
Now the wait begins.-Dick

Old 01-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by budrichard
Sacha says, better to paint after market as Porsche has no way other than maybe some Ultra Custom Program I expect is reserved for oil Shieks and Billionaires?
You are not a Shiek or a Billionaire? You got us fooled and surprised Sascha even talked to you! Kidding aside, best of luck with that PTS 'Mexico Blue' order. It should look terrific! Post photos when it arrives.

Saludos,
Eduardo

Old 01-22-2013, 06:04 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
To set the record straight, I do not know if Sascha ever said anything to my Dealer about painting after market and my quote or being quoted is incorrect about Sascha.
In conversation with my Dealership, yesterday, they have agreed to contact Sascha and find out a time and cost estitmate for painting the interior dash trim and console trim.
So some of the reluctance of Porsche NA may have been percieved on my part because I have had no direct contact with Sascha.
So the outcome is still in the balance and I repeat, any direct quoting of Sascha at Porsche Exclusive is incorrect.-Dick

Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by budrichard
To set the record straight, I do not know if Sascha ever said anything to my Dealer about painting after market and my quote is incorrect.
In conversation with my Dealership, yesterday, they have agreed to contact Sascha and find out a time and cost estitmate for painting the interior dash trim and console trim.
So some of the reluctance of Porsche NA may have been percieved on my part because I have had no direct contact with Sascha.
So the outcome is still in the balance and I repeat, any direct quoting of Sascha at Porsche Exclusive by me is incorrect.-Dick
I hope the rewording of this Post makes it clear that my quoting of Sascha was incorrect.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche 981 Configurator Show New Colors & Leather Option

PCNA's configurator showing some key changes today. Not clear yet if for MY2015 Only or if includes balance of MY2014 production!

Among the highlights:

1) 'Carrera Red' Leather interior replaced by totally new 'Garnet Red' as one of two choices in Special/Natural Leathers. 'Black/Garnet Red' is now offered as an additional 'Two Tone' offering in the 991...but not the 981!

2) New Metallic Paints offering: 'Jet Black Metallic' (instead of 'Basalt Black') and 'Carrara White Metallic'.

3) Additional Special Color 'Carmine Red' added to 'GT Silver' and 'Lime Gold Metallic'. All three are $2,580 extra. 'Carmine Red' was previously offered in the Panamera & Cayenne.

4) Park Assist with Reversing Camera (not a surprise since it's mandatory for US in MY2015)

Hope others can add what ever other changes they have noticed in the PCNA configurator!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS 'Amaranth Red Metallic' is history!