Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Cayman Race Exhaust Flybys and Shooting Flames

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
golfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to all
Cayman Race Exhaust Flybys and Shooting Flames

Hey guys,

Was enjoying the nice weather we had a few weeks ago in the midst of all the cold and shot a flyby video of my Cayman S.

Exhaust is essentially "straight pipe" because the muffler's packing and sound deadening materials have been blown out by the flames my car produces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UI6BHSS1oA

So speaking of flames... Many of my friends have told me that my exhaust during the overrun period from time to time burps out huge fireballs! Some have been described the blast as a 2-3ft pure blue flame while others have seen "just" red and yellow flames come out the rear.

Nevertheless, I've always wanted to catch it on film! Last week my friend and I finally did. He's in the process of putting up the video to YouTube now so I'll link it to this thread as soon as it's ready!

Thought I'd at least share the cool flybys in the meantime since I can NEVER find any good flybys on YouTube! It's the worst when you have high speed and a good sounding wailing exhaust, but it's such a letdown when the driver lifts off the throttle when passing the camera! Or I hate it when the camera man turns off the camera the milisecond after the car flies by the camera and all the "good stuff" is never captured! So it was my goal to make sure this flyby met all the criteria of what I think the ideal flyby should be.

My perfect flyby video guidelines include:

1. Even if the car is not in picture, start recording! This allows us to hear the beast before we can even see it!

2. Don't drop the camera (you'd be surprised how many times I've seen this) and make sure to pan the shot as the car flies by.

3. Make sure the driver stays ON the gas after passing the camera!

4. Continue to record the shot until the car's exhaust can no longer be heard even if the car is out of the picture (to a certain extent, we wouldn't want to bore the viewer!).

Will be entering the flame video here once uploaded:

I'm sure I'll be getting a question or two about the exhaust.

Exhaust Setup

1. NHP Catless Headers
2. Agency Power Mufflers
3. Dream1 Y-pipe (connecting the two mufflers)
4. NHP exhaust tips

I know I've posted on here before about my exhaust (sorry!), but I'd like to make this thread a collection of all my exhaust clips.

Hope you all enjoyed watching and listening.

Questions and comments are welcome!

Thanks

Last edited by golfguy11800; 03-13-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds pretty freakin nice! Well done. I will post a clip of my car with exhast in a few weeks

Old 03-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
sk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond repute
sounds awesome!

Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
golfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to all
It appears that I can't go back and edit my post so I'll post the flame vid here:

Cayman Race Exhaust Huge Flames - YouTube

Old 03-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Some still shots from the video in order:

Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
yes!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 AM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't agree more with your exhaust video guidelines, no one likes to see a car sitting at idle for 5 minutes doing weak revs in a parking lot. Your car sounds great.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
That's fvcking AWESOME!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, this is awesome.

Quick Reply: Cayman Race Exhaust Flybys and Shooting Flames