Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Question for those that have upgraded steering wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
navanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the rough
Question for those that have upgraded steering wheels...

I had the OE standard wheel and later bought the Alcantara Sport Steering wheel that is on the Cayman R and Carrera GTS. I installed it myself using a couple DIY tutorials. One day some idiot decided to run a red light and I slam on the horn. Well the horn was stuck! It would not shut off and I had to immediately pull over and turn the ignition off and push the airbag release on the bottom of the wheel. Later I decided to remove the airbag and inspect. Everything look right and it still sticks. I decided to try the old wheel and it lone and behold it works just fine. So my question is are the airbags the same between the two wheels? or is there another adapter or different mounting screw for the wheel??? Sun Coast says it's a direct swap, but it's not working like it. Any insight would greatly be appreciated.

Original Wheel is this in Leather:

Cayman R/Carrera GTS Wheel:

Old 08-14-2011, 03:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Part number is the same.