Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

PTS Available for Boxster Spyder/Cayman R

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
No kidding - how about compatibility with Macs, Porsche? You know, the people who actually have money to buy your cars? I can't tell you how many times I've downloaded that Shockwave update in vain.
since when are windows users poor?

Old 03-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
My point was the most tech-savvy folks are the kind of customer Porsche wants to get. You know, the people that spend a few bucks more for a MacBook than a netbook.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
My point was the most tech-savvy folks are the kind of customer Porsche wants to get. You know, the people that spend a few bucks more for a MacBook than a netbook.
Chris, I only use Google Chrome, and the 3D Configurator doesn't work with Google Chrome, I've tried and tried, and it doesn't work. Whenever I use the 3D Configurator I use Firefox. It works fine on there, but no one GC or IE for some reason. You should try it.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Not that important - I have a real 911 in the garage if I want to see what part they're talking about. Plus, the dealership has a killer configurator on a big screen with all the option codes. Makes life easier when it's time to do the deed. I guess I'm just annoyed that BMW, Aston, Bugatti, McLaren, Ferrari, etc. all work just fine on Safari...

Old 03-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Not that important - I have a real 911 in the garage if I want to see what part they're talking about. Plus, the dealership has a killer configurator on a big screen with all the option codes. Makes life easier when it's time to do the deed. I guess I'm just annoyed that BMW, Aston, Bugatti, McLaren, Ferrari, etc. all work just fine on Safari...
A real 911 in the garage is a big bonus. I'm sure we'd all rather have that.

I've never seen a dealers configurator in action, but I've seen where they do it. I think it will do a great job at getting more people's money.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Watch this space.
Yeah, I'm hoping to take part one day when I finally order a custom new one.

And hg_wng, I wasn't trying to be elitist or anything. I was trying to say that the demographic who buy Macs are a very coveted group by marketers. You'd figure that Porsche would know this and fix their site to be more compatible. Oh, and is "hg_wng" short for "huge wang"? Jox was asking...