Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Anyone have a FVD exhaust on a Cayman S in SoCal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
switchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enough
Anyone have a FVD exhaust on a Cayman S in SoCal?

I'd love to hear this setup in person...anyone got one?

I'd be willing to bribe you with a beer if I could hear it.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
j-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these parts
I've got one here in Hawaii. I think the most accurate sounding video clip was of the red boxter who appears to be in arizona or somewhere midwestern. Like most reviews say, it's a mild/moderate volume exhaust. Very noticable increase in performance. I was actually supprised by how much it freed up above 4000rpm. Any specific questions?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
switchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enoughswitchface will become famous soon enough
Hey j-man, thanks for the response and sorry for the delay...I've had the flu the past few days.

Everyone seems to say the exhaust sounds just like stock from 3-3500 and below, but most of the videos I've heard it sounds much louder. Here's an example that sounds pretty loud:

YouTube - FVD Brombacher 987 Cayman Sport Muffler Sound Version, Stainless Steel, 2x90mm tips

Old 02-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
j-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these partsj-man is infamous around these parts
Don't believe that video. I'm not sure what is going on with that car but mine is much quieter. I just listened to it again and that silver on sounds like a Borla. This is the closest I've heard to the actual FVD that I have on my DFI engine.

YouTube - FVD-Brombacher Porsche-Tuning 987.2 Boxster Muffler (Sound Version)

After watching the FVD video with the silver cayman a million times before I bought mine I was actually shocked that the exhaust was so quiet. I've put on a little less than 2000mi with the exhaust on and the sound has evolved to a more robust sound but not like the other FVD video.

Last edited by j-man; 02-26-2011 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
That's more of what I'm looking for j. I wonder how much if any can be contributed to the gen 1 vs gen 2 differences?

I also wonder how many more random creaks/rattles would appear due to the added resonance.