Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Next Generation Boxster spied with Next 911 (Details)

Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Next Generation Boxster spied with Next 911 (Details)

From WCF:

"Here's a set of spy shots of the upcoming 2012 Porsche Boxster doing some winter testing in northern Sweden next to the next-generation Porsche 911.

The next-generation Boxster, known internally at Porsche as the 981, was rather showy on this test run, revealing its new LED taillights - a triangular design like on the next 911.

The next Boxster may come with a new four-cylinder engine that Porsche is developing, as we reported earlier this week. Porsche's outgoing head of research and development, Wolfgang Durheimer, confirmed that the automaker was developing a 2.5 liter power plant that could possible be seen in the 2012 Boxster and Cayman models.

That 2.5 liter could have an output of up to 360 bhp (268 kW / 365 PS) in a turbocharged configuration.
"

More in the gallery here: 2012 Porsche Boxster spied along with next 911 - new details - Photos

Old 01-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
A rendering I made a while ago.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I think the new Boxster is going to look great, even though it's not a radical departure from the current body style. I like the idea of a turbo engine in the car too.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
I do like the look of the new boxster...hopefully there will be some lease specials.....STOPPIE...

Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Member
rubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished roadrubber_ducky is on a distinguished road
Random observation... seems odd that the parking lot in the background of the last pic has only volvos in it.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura about
Hi I want a job driving the new stuff!

Old 01-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enoughcynicali will become famous soon enough
the boxster is being made to look more and more like a 360 modena with every iteration. not a bad thing.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
It looks promising from the photo's! Hopefully porsche can deliver!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
esthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond reputeesthetique has a reputation beyond repute
I saw 3 of these prototypes cruise by when I was in Vegas in September. I was too late getting my camera out unfortunately. They were fully camo'd out but the shape was definitely distinguishable as a next gen Boxster.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i think it looks great as always. Boxsters are a lot of fun and nice entry point into the brand.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Next Generation Boxster spied with Next 911 (Details)