Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Looking at a Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to know that info guys.

So the storage area is not needed or worth it?

Haske you had 2 of them huh.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
lucky_topher is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drew935
Good to know that info guys.

So the storage area is not needed or worth it?

i don't think it's really needed... i keep my GPS in my driver door pocket, i keep insurance card, touch-up detail spray & a microfiber cloth in the sliding storage behind me, and my passenger door and center console are empty except for a box of mints

detachable face from radio fits with lots of room to spare in the center console (and can be locked)...

i don't know that i'd use the glove box if i had it... there are pockets on the back of my seats (even though they back up to the wall) that i could use for maps or gloves or an ice scraper if i needed them

i have the genuine porsche windshield sunscreen and it's BIG but still it fits behind the passenger seat and isn't seen (wouldn't fit anywhere else)

front trunk is deeper, better for holding things like bottled water cases from grocery shopping, etc... rear is almost the exact size of a carry-on luggage case, plus a few extra corners... you can NOT fit a full-size luggage bag anywhere in the car, you'll need to buy that trunk luggage rack to do so... but we fit a carry-on in back and 2 duffels up front with a little room to spare on our last road trip...

Old 05-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brian H is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drew935
yep

Boxster

Boxster S

Old 05-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Cscat87 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm also in the market for a Boxster currently and had a couple questions of my own, figured I'd keep it in the same thread.

1. Should I stay away from higher mileage ones? (90k-110k due to sub $20k budget) Regardless of mileage or appearance I'll be having a PPI performed but I was wondering if its still not a good idea to grab a high mileage car even if it checks out. I don't want to start to have to sink money into it to keep it running. I'm not very tough on my cars so I generally have good luck with them, but all my previous cars have been Japanese so I expected reliability and low maintenance costs.

2. Is the "S" so much more worth it that you'd rather have a high mileage 00-01 S in less than perfect shape as opposed to an 02 lower mileage Base in fantastic shape with the color combo and options you're looking for?

I know I'll have more questions as my search gets farther, but that's about it for now. Thanks to all in advance!

Chris

Last edited by Cscat87; 05-11-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
6speed is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I got a 2000 S model Triple black and I am dissapointed with the tranny. My second gear/sincro whatever has left me stuck with it in the garage I paid 21980 for it. It has 24,000miles on it. I have a baby on the way, I am twenty seven and I guess I will still have to wait till I am forty+ to get it fixed$$$$. So think about the disgusting amounts of money it takes to fix these cars, or you will regret it. On that note I should have gotten a C5 Zo6 and been done with it. Now I am up shits creek!

I still love my car. It is perfect in every way exept the tranny.That brakes my heart.

I got a rare optioned car. Here's some pics.