Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

My parked Spyder was hit tonight... : (

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
navanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the rough
My parked Spyder was hit tonight... : (

While I was at a company dinner my parked Spyder was hit. A Subaru Forester backed out and rear ended my rear bumper. I was walking out of the restaurant and I noticed someone around my car... At first I thought she was taking pictures. When I walked up she told me what happened and mentioned she left me a note and contact info on my window. I got her insurance info and took a few pictures. She apologized and we parted our ways. Luckily she only did damage to the rear bumper. My tail lamp and nothing else was damaged. The plastic collapsed on impact. It's approx a 10" dent. I have pictures on my iphone but i cant upload them as i left my computer at my office. I'll post them on here tomorrow. The bumper will need to be replaced and repainted. So my question is how much of a hit am I going to get for this if I decide to sell later? On top of repairs what should I ask for the negative impact for resale down the road? I'm not mad about the accident as it's something that can be fixed, I just want to be covered on all ends, repair and the after effects of it.
TIA.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
That sucks man! At least she was honest and didn't just try to drive away... like this lady in the X5http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX9re5F8e8o.

I would say that as long as the indecent and subsequent repair is well documented you shouldn't be out too much. Maybe 1k.. maybe. That sucks for the lady, im sure she feels really bad.... was she cute? Maybe you can get payment in other forms... ?

Old 10-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The problem with "only" hitting the bumper is that sometimes the foam underneath is damaged and WILL NOT withstand another impact. Definitely get it looked at/repaired by a competent facility.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
My eyes opened wide when I saw the title. I thought your car was totaled. Thankfully it was nothing too serious.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
That was nice of the lady to leave her info. I hear so many times peoples cars getting hit in parking lots with no notes.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
My dad's car got hit once and the other car tried to get away with it. However a swedish celebrity happened to see the thing and left a note on my dad's car. He helped us get the sob

Old 10-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
navanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the roughnavanoD is a jewel in the rough

I have since dropped it off at a certified Porsche Repair Shop... have a rental and now considering if I should get my wheels powder coated black while I have the rental and they have the car. Thoughts on the wheels? Any advice on powder coating vs. Painting?

Old 10-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Count yourself lucky that you were hit by an honest person who not only owned up to it, but was also cooperative.

There are so many dbags out there that will lie to your face and tell you they didn't do anything wrong even if you just saw them hit your car.

Or give you fake info.

Blah blah blah.

Having been in the insurance/bodyshop biz, I have seen it all. And unfortunately, most of the time, people are scum and will just literally try to cheat and lie their way even if you saw them hit your car.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear. Holy cow at the X5!! Euro monster truck. LOL

Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
I had a similar accident in the same spot. You just need a new cover. It's about 2k. You can even fix it instead of replacing it if she pays you a fair settlement. Loss of value is about 1-2k.

Quick Reply: My parked Spyder was hit tonight... : (