Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Cayman Interseries Suspension Setup!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
teoh2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cayman Interseries Suspension Setup!

Just had Napleton Porsche put on a whole series of components used on their interseries cars:

-JRZ RS Pro Shocks
-600 Lb F Springs
-700 Lb R Springs
-RSS F/R Sways
-Thrust Arm Bushing/Spherical Control Arm Bushing
-Bump Steer Kit

Other added parts include:
- TC Design 1/2 Cage
-Schroth Harness
- Pirelli Pzero Corsa 245/35/19, 295/35/19
- PSM Defeat Switch

Was at Autobahn with MVP testing everything out and the car feels amazing! So much faster and flatter through corners. Here's a vid from yesterday:

YouTube - ‪MVP 8 9 10 2nd Session‬‎

Was only able to run 2 sessions. 2nd session was a little damp. Wanted to take it easy but ended up chasing a Lotus Exige Cup (2200 lbs w/ 250 hp, my car is 3250 lbs with driver). I could never keep up with this car before but with this new setup the my car was much faster. He was surprised how I could keep up with him. Was still running low settings for Compression/Rebound for the wet lap and getting car setup but overcooked that last corner. While spinning cam seal and hose to VOS came off. About 1 qt spilled out and can see it smoking in the vid.

Will be back next wed to tune susp settings. Next potential mods are interseries wing and 3.8 X51 swap. Was planning on adding a 997.1 RS but with this new setup I am extremely happy with the car and its more than what i could want for the track. Handles so well and if I do swap in a 3.8 x51 car will be a monster. Susp is liveable on the street, not too harsh.

-Kevin

Old 08-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you're getting your car set up nicely. Can't really see out your windscreen, but can see you quite well.

If you are running a harness you should be wearing a HANS btw. Without it you are safer wearing your normal 3 point belt.