Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Formal Apologies from BBI Autosport.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor
BBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond reputeBBI Autosport has a reputation beyond repute
Formal Apologies from BBI Autosport.

I am speaking on behalf of BBI Autosport and BBI Autosport only.

Some time ago we did testing on a Cayman and posted our results.

We would like to clear up the waters between BBI Autosport and Softronic. We had originally started with the Softronic tune. When we did the Hardware changes, We commissioned a company called Powerchip to put a new tune in the car and start doing dyno testing to further take advantage of the newly added hardware.

It was BBI Autosport's plan and intention to start from scratch and fully pay for dyno testing and Power chip's time and cost of the original file.
However, We learned at a later date that the file that Powerchip/BBI new tune was in fact a modified version of the original Softronic
file. Furthermore the changes that were done in the file could not have substantiated the gains posted. The thread has been removed from this
site along with all dyno charts.

BBI would never stand behind using other tuners binary code to start as a base map. I also want to say that the now former employee of Powerchip who did this tuning has been fired and is no longer a part of the Powerchip company. I personally feel like I handled the situation between myself and Scott from Softronic poorly. If I had known that the base map of the Powerchip/BBI Cayman file was in fact a Softronic file I would have shared the data and more importantly asked Softronic for permission.

But again, we (BBI) would never take another tuners binary and start form that. The community is too small and transparent for any BS like that to take place. So this is an apology from BBI to Softronic.

Last edited by BBI Autosport; 05-20-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Not familiar at all with the issue at hand, but it's "formal", not "former".

Old 05-19-2010, 03:25 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for clearing that up, appreciate that.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Bulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
While this has been posted a year after the original thread perhaps this site would be more tolerant in the future. There had been at least one member banned for bringing this issue up in which now was correct.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bulldog
While this has been posted a year after the original thread perhaps this site would be more tolerant in the future. There had been at least one member banned for bringing this issue up in which now was correct.
If you were to actually read the original thread, you will see that he was banned for insinuating that BBI had forged their dyno results. Not for anything to do with this ECU tune business.

Scott: For whatever it's worth, I am sorry too for any wrong-doing or slighting you felt that I caused you. I am not for or against anyone. I am just looking to build a kick-ass car with the resources available to me.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Bulldog is an unknown quantity at this point
'Furthermore the changes that were done in the file could not have substantiated the gains posted. "

The dyno charts had been incorrect as the same file showed two distinctive lines and re labeling etc.

I do have a full copy of the thread and files etc.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh - though art Scott. At'l teach me to keep my mouth shut.

Well apologies all around.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Well kudos to you for bringing this up. Love you guys!!!!