Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder recalled in the U.S

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:52 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder recalled in the U.S

2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder

"Porsche announced that it will recall a total of nine 2011 Boxster Spyder vehicles in order to fix a faulty latch on the convertible soft top. According to Porsche, it is possible that the locking hook on the sun shield (temporary soft top) may not engage correctly into the lock hatch positioned on the wide-screen frame. As a consequence, the sun shield is not fully locked and can open when the car is traveling at high speeds increasing the risk of crash. In order to fix it, the dealers will replace the locking hook as well as the lock catch with redesigned components."

Source : 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder recalled in the U.S.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
the times people will Actually use their roof's...

twice. tops.

Pun intended.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If I had a Boxster Spyder, the roof would never go on. It'd go under a cover in the garage, then open-topped on the road... Craigger is spot-on. Good on Porsche for stepping up.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'm finding that I'm quite obsessed with this car. Not quite GT3 obsessed, but I would love one of these at the lake house, where the top would indeed never go on.

I'll take a GT Silver/light brown w/GT2 seats and a 6MT

Last edited by "The JC"; 04-07-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
.... Nine .... this is how it starts and it ends with ... DOYODA ....

Old 04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
I'm finding that I'm quite obsessed with this car. Not quite GT3 obsessed, but I would love one of these at the lake house, where the top would indeed never go on.

I'll take a GT Silver/light brown w/GT2 seats and a 6MT
settle on the SAN/VLX/X-whatever first. It will result in a while lot more cleavage.

Last edited by Craigger; 04-07-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Nice to see Porsche stepping in before too many were sold/ordered

Old 04-09-2010, 01:11 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
The nine recalled are more than likely the only ones to leave port. Our first one showed at port then vanished. Eerily similar to the Panamera port hold situation.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
The nine recalled are more than likely the only ones to leave port. Our first one showed at port then vanished. Eerily similar to the Panamera port hold situation.
And whats worse, is that WE (the dealers) were last to know about this. I didn't find out abut this until a client who ordered his sent me a linky.

Seriously?

How are we expected to be treated with respect and trusted by the clients if WE aren't kept up-to-date about this stuff? Just trust us to tell the correct story and keep the clients informed.

Thats all the client wants to know. That we're (PCNA included) are on top of our you know what.

Nothing worse then finding out from an outside source. Seems a bit silly.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
looked at the car carefully at Amelia Island - the current top is far from functional but it really is in same genre as the AM Zagato

Quick Reply: 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder recalled in the U.S