Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

TPC: Cayman turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
^ in a Rain Man kinda way

Old 01-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
M987-TTP is an unknown quantity at this point
When you lift off the throttle abruptly, does the turbo continue to kick in? Does it cough - jogue when you lift off? Where have you fitted the rev-limiter?

Your car has made me love the TPC kit, although I am really hesitant in fitting it because I use my car on track and I am a little afraid, although everybody reassures me that it will be ok. Thanks!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
No, with the standard turbo kit there is absolutly no difference in throttle response to a base Cayman. In my case it just shuts off abruptly but it can be modulated after you get used to it. We have people who have the turbo kit on an exclusive track car. BMWalsh on Planet-9, he runs at 4PSI, he has a full JRZ suspension setup from TPC and 888s permantly installed. The rev limiter is just done through ECU programming and just set a little higher for this application. The rev limiter just shuts off the fuel supply.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
You have a beautiful Cayman Shwabe!

A true sleeper, I would keep it understated on the exterior as it is. The interior alcantara bits are very nice and would look great if paired with carbon fiber pieces.

Thanks for sharing and I hope to see it in person at a meet in the spring/summer 10'

Old 01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
very nice!

Old 01-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
M987-TTP is an unknown quantity at this point
Trully thanks for your help.

It really sounds very nice your car,it seems like it finishes the gears very quickly! Trully no match for my 3.8 X51 that is for sure!

Have you emasured it with a vbox? How would you compare it in straight line performance with your 997TT? From rolling of course.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Thanks all. I am really giddy every time I drive it. Much more so than when driving my tt. Just a lot more raw.

Now my tt has also already been tuned by TPC. With just the tune and the exhaust it has 498RWHP or some 570Bhp. So if we are already rolling the tt's weight disadvantage is already gone. If both are say in 2nd gear and say rolling at 30MPH my feeling is the tt would win, the gearing alone of the tt should pull ahead but not by a big margin. Don't get me wrong both kick you in the behind but the shorter gearing and lower rev limit in the tt gets you through the gears so much faster.

I have not done a Vbox nor do I have one currently. I had a Gtech which I just sold because it turned off after 4,000 feet and was therfor useless during the standing mile.

I have no doubt that a 3.8 X51 with TPC turbo with 500+ RWHP would eat any stock tt for lunch.

Last edited by Schwabe; 01-06-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
That is one awesome Cayman

Old 01-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Andrus is an unknown quantity at this point
love it! Wonder will Porsche make the Turbo version as different rumors suggest?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
If porsche builds one it will be a 4cyl turbo and not a 6cyl turbo... they will build a 6cyl turbo and put it in a cayman when people know that we are TPC and not TCP racing

just kidding dominic

Quick Reply: TPC: Cayman turbo