Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

TPC: Cayman turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Sounds awesome & nice save

Old 01-02-2010, 10:23 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Dom, holy wtf at 2 minutes!! I thought you were about to eat it mate!
No shit, I was like "Uuugh!!!!!"

Old 01-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
... thank god it wasn't the tt, not sure I would have been able to get THAT rear end back in ... talkin' bout ditch, tree, wall combo ....

Old 01-02-2010, 10:39 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Schwabe the car sounds incredible! Nice save too! I am loving the sleeper look.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
M987-TTP is an unknown quantity at this point
My friend,

congrats for your car, it really sounds nice and goes like stink! Can you please though tell how is the throttle responce and the power delivery? When you go mid-throttle does the turbo open fully? I mean do you have too sudden torque or is it like an n.a. one? Does it have good throttle responce? The power is being delivered throughout the rev-range or at 7.000rpm drops suddenly? Does it brake the traction bbefore 5.000rpm?

I have fitted a 3.8 X51 in my 987 but now I am thinking of turbocharging it as well!

Trully magnificent car though, Bravo!

Rgs, Michael

Old 01-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
This is a video and dyno from TPC Racing owho did another 987 with a X51 3.8L, installed with their Turbo. You should call TPC. They already have an answer for your questions for this install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijF7OHK7G_U

Old 01-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
The standard TPC turbo is absolute smooth through out the whole rpm badn, you cannot really tell when the trubo comes on and it holds the boost until the rev limiter hits.

The only thing I have now is if you are hard on the throttle and then instead of easing off of it just take the foot off the boost will immediately stop, it is a little abrupt until you get used to it and learn to modulate it. Now with the standard turbo you do not have that, just in the tweaked version I have. TPC turboed ITMERC's X51 Cayman with the standard turbo at a low 5psi boost and over 500WHP. I am sure that is a screamer.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
M987-TTP is an unknown quantity at this point
I saw now that you own a 997 TT as well. How does the TPC Cayman compare to the 99TT? Not only in terms of absolute straight power but in terms of engine delivery.

What tweaked version do you have? I also told TPC to fit me in their offer a ball bearing turbo or even a billet one if they can, so it is as good as it gets. I saw that you have 7psi instead of 5.5, is that ok for longterm use, or you are just using it for a short street period?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Well I have the stock 3.4L engine to start with in my Cayman. The 997tt is a completely different animal, shorter gearing (rev limit at 6,500rpm) and AWD. Compared to the 997tt the Cayman has literaly no lag and you can hardly tell when the turbo starts adding boost. I have a boost controller that allows me to chose, so normally it is at 5.5psi as is the standard TPC turbo. In terms of longevity, TPC has customers who already have over 20,000 miles on their kit. My TPC turbo kit is now about 10,000 miles old. Under normal driving the turbo is engaged less than 10% of the time. So the X51 turbo package has crazy horsepower with the lowest boost level.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:33 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Love your Turbo Cayman Schwabe. That was a scary moment but you saved it. I guess you are an "excellent driver" afterall!

Quick Reply: TPC: Cayman turbo