Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

New DPE wheels & Nitto Invo setup!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
harajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond reputeharajuka has a reputation beyond repute
New DPE wheels & Nitto Invo setup!

First I would like to say thanks to DPE Wheels and Nitto Tires!

When I started my Cayman project, I knew I had to upgrade the wheels and tires. I ended up deciding on DPE for the project, after seeing DPE's new Step lip setup, it was a natural choice for me since i love step lips! I ordered up a set of S20 in 20's 20x8.5 front, and 20x11 rears.

Next was deciding on a set of tires. After reading some great reviews, and seeing some pics of the new exiting thread pattern from the Nitto Invo's I decided to give it a shot. It's interesting to note that according to the marketing materials, the Invo tread is a product of “state-of-the-art computer engineering and digital audio testing equipment to produce a tread pattern that reduces perceived road noise, provides excellent comfort and delivers exceptional traction in both dry and wet conditions. The Invo is unique tire also in that it has a non-directional tread so it can be rotated, even with our staggered fitment! I ended up deciding on 235/30/25 fronts and 285/25/20 rears, to give the wheel tire a bit of a streched setup.

Initial impression, the DPE's wheels fit and finish is just spot on. I have only driven in dry condition, but have to say the tires are extremely responsive on the road. Road noise is pretty impressive considering the wide rear contact patch!

Ok on to the pics, I will post more pics once I lower the car a bit more

Old 11-24-2008, 12:22 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks fantastic!
How are the Nitto's BTW?

Old 11-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
welcome to the team bro... the car is amazing!!

whats the depth of the lip on the rear wheels?

Old 11-26-2008, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DJ
Looks fantastic!
How are the Nitto's BTW?
DJ I'm on my 3rd set of them now (replaced my OEM 18 / 19's, ran then 20/20" with my old iforged, and now 20/20" with my d2forged).

Anyways I'll dig up a old review I wrote on them from the VIPER forum.

Give me a sec.

Edit: Found it

NITTO INVO REVIEW | 275/40-18 & 345/30-19 | VIPER

TRACTION-
is really excellent. I have only had them on the car since October and here in the NE it has not gone above the 70's in that time period. With that being said these things grip very well. I have done full throttle in 1st and 2nd gear in 30degree weather with no tire spin! I know there are threads here with guys that spun their car going from 1st to 2nd in cold weather with the run craps. The tread is not cut very deep so perhaps that causes the tire to bite like a semi slick. I have had the car up to about 170-175mph with these (on a closed airport runway of course ), and traction is consistent all the way through.

HANDLING - is also good. I have not put the car through a serious track session yet, but it handles the curves well. Lateral movements are precise and I feel very comfortable with the car.

RIDE - this is one of the most significant changes. I can not honestly say if its entirely due to the Nittos or the change from the old run craps. The run craps just have such stiff sidewalls, so you spend all your time hopping and skittering about. With these tires you can drive with 1 hand confidently. This is a VIPER we are talking about, so I'm not saying you can fall asleep at the wheel, but it rides well.

AESTHETIC - love the tread pattern, and sidewalls take tire shine VERY well (hey, so what I'm vain). From the first application, they shined just the way you see in the picture. Get ready for people to ask if ur tires are bald though, due to the shallow tread, and smooth sidewall.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by D2AUTO; 11-26-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by harajuka
First I would like to say thanks to DPE Wheels and Nitto Tires!

When I started my Cayman project, I knew I had to upgrade the wheels and tires. I ended up deciding on DPE for the project, after seeing DPE's new Step lip setup, it was a natural choice for me since i love step lips! I ordered up a set of S20 in 20's 20x8.5 front, and 20x11 rears.
Loving the overall setup bro. 285 on a 11 and the INVO is still not stretching. Very sexy looking combo there, along with the lowering and fitment...great overall execution.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
awesome looking cayman there....love it