Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

The newest BGT. Blacked out and Brushed Aluminum Look Hood.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010 | 02:57 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I like the brushed hood on the DropHead because the cars lines suites it much more, the BGT is too round.

Old 12-06-2010 | 02:57 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Not a fan of it on the Drophead either - but what I am a massive fan of is the blacked out headlight housings. I've always wondered how difficult it is to do that on a non-Supersports Conti.

I've taken apart my fair share of VAG headlights over the years, and they are nearly impossible to open up!

Old 12-06-2010 | 02:58 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Not a fan of it on the Drophead either - but what I am a massive fan of is the blacked out headlight housings. I've always wondered how difficult it is to do that on a non-Supersports Conti.

I've taken apart my fair share of VAG headlights over the years, and they are nearly impossible to open up!
I dont think the blacked headlight housing is hard, I havent seen it done on a BGT but I've done it on my car.

Old 12-06-2010 | 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by kable
Thats your opinion, I disagree completely. The car looks great in person and gets nothing but compliments anywhere I go. The pics do not show the detail and it looks like silver vinyl, in person when you run your hand over it it feels and looks identical to brushed aluminum.

Do you guys that do not like it on this like it on the Drophead?
Drophead looks ok, but that's the whole hood. This looks like what it is....a big sticker on the hood of a beautiful car.

Old 12-06-2010 | 03:33 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
kable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to beholdkable is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jox

They were a liitle bit of a bitch. Bentley uses a glue similar to the 2010 Range Rover, the RR 06-09 were a piece of cake but the 2010+ is a hard glue and you have to really work the housing to get them open. The painter told me they took him around 2 hours to get apart.

Old 12-06-2010 | 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations, you completely riced out that poor CGT.

Mulliner wheels and blacked out headlight housings was all it needed.

Old 12-06-2010 | 04:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
I think my inner child just died...

Old 12-06-2010 | 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would have wrapped the roof and the top of the rear deck-lid and side mirrors with the vinyl as well, it would not look so awkward, and would look a lot classier IMO

Last edited by antny74; 12-06-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-06-2010 | 05:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
you paid and got what you wanted!

my opinion is that the stock car is usually the best way to go...

id be happy to drive that car, however, i would just remove the wrap!

Old 12-06-2010 | 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
All that matters is that you like it.

If it was me i wouldn't have done the hood like that.

Quick Reply: The newest BGT. Blacked out and Brushed Aluminum Look Hood.