Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

Bentley Mulsanne sold out for few years

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley Mulsanne sold out for few years

I am happy for Bentley, recession really hit it hard, but now seems that buyers are back, I just hope they will not overdue with second generation of Conti GT.

Bentley Mulsanne Sold Out

It seems that the Bentley Mulsanne has been a hit state-side. Bentley have apparently sold out all 200 2010 build slots as well as those for both 2011 and 2012. In fact, it’s being reported that the British company have received over 800 orders for the new luxury saloon.

And before anyone asks, an increase in production is not as practical as it sounds. Each Mulsanne is hand-crafted with over 170 man hours going into the entire process. 26 hours for the engine build and 86 hours for the painting are two of the most time consuming processes.

Just to remind you of the vital statistics: the Mulsanne will feature a new 6¾ litre, twin-turbocharged V8 engine, hand-assembled and fully tested by Bentley’s technicians. 0-62mph (100kph) will be possible in 5.3 seconds thanks to 505bhp and 752 lb-ft.

Bentley have announced that they will increase production but for now, it’s unsure by how much.

Bentley Mulsanne Sold Out - GTSPIRIT.COM

Old 05-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
And you believe this the only car I know of that is sold out and has further demand is the GTO. There is no such thing in this current car market.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:25 PM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
I don't believe is really sold out..also GTO I know is not completely sold out,allocated to dealers is different...

Old 05-28-2010, 03:38 PM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
I do not believe that "completely sold out" claims. Also 599 GTO is not sold out, at least here in Europe.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
kumarankarth is an unknown quantity at this point
It's a publicity stunt Bentley is pulling out on their customers. i cant see how they will shift production since its a huge hit nowadays

Old 05-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Even today, when we are coming out of recession not so fast as we would wish we do, there is a market worldwide for 200 Mulsannes a year, and it will always remain. I do not say I trust every claim, but it shouldn't be a problem to move 200 cars a year worldwide. This segment is much more recession proof than Conti GT segment. So to move next genration of Conti GT should be the main concern, not Mulsanne.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Member
flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I got one coming my way as well : D