Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

1925 Rolls Royce Round Door, where can I find a kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Formula is an unknown quantity at this point
Round Door Rolls Royce

There are now 2 Round Door Rolls Royce Phantoms, one in the Petersen Museum in CA, the other was delivered to it's new owner in March 2012. Built from scratch, hand formed in steel, but meant to be a driver with air conditioning, power steering, power disc brakes, and windows. V12 powered with a 5 speed automatic trans.
Custom built for a very special collector over a two year period by Formula Automotive, Red Oak, TX

Please take my word for it, the SR Kit Car builder in Panama is not a place to send your money. It has been proven at much expense
not to be trusted IMO.

Old 07-29-2023, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
samcrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Since there seems to be no kit car to this design; 1925 Rolls Royce Round Door perhaps there should be, and not a cheap version either; we had a lot of people buy the Kopavi Trikes at a starting price of 65K, and extra for innovations... But, to produce a Kit Car.... I may need to really think on this one... the body( 1st a positive to dimensions which can be attained via a super high resolution photo and dimensioning software, all that is needed in the photo is anything of known size.... or may up your own, I suppose. ) Then find the dividing points for your mold to make the negative, or mold you will produce more positives from; (but it must be meticulous, and perfect, the more perfect the less work on the positive that has to be done) Make a Name for yourself!! Then find easily added design plans and thoughts ... like what kind of chassis... low to ground of average, easy ride or performance, racing drive train or economic, I remember when John 1st showed the DeLorean in Dallas,TX we laid out all of the parts (the best of the best available) in the Tade Center for the yearly auto trade show; special Volvo engine, doug nash 5 speed, rear end...etc. it was better than any Vette that had ever been commercially produce for the public.... Handled Ok, but was just as hard riding as the stinking Vete.... Get my drfit?? Thought must be put into this!!

Last edited by samcrees; 07-29-2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-25-2023, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ronaldinho is an unknown quantity at this point
Send me your contact information, maybe I can help you.