Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Out and about in the DA40

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura about
Out and about in the DA40

Flew around my hometown of Malmö,Sweden a couple of days ago. Fantastic weather, no turbulence and only 4kt in winds. The Diamond is truly fantastic piece of kit with the FADEC control and the G1000. Enjoy!

Attached Images       
Old 05-17-2012, 05:33 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
sweet!

it def is a nice plane!
Love the glass cockpit feautures on it as well!

FADEC in a light ac,..

10 yrs ago people would have laughed at you for even just the idea of that

is it yours or rented out?

happy landings

Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
btw,..it`s a very good a/c for flight school,..if you want to get more hours/certificates I strongly recommend going for a school with that ac

some issues at landing,rudder input were there but only if you are harsh on it

Old 05-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura aboutRedRS has a spectacular aura about
Its truly remarkable how easy this is to fly. The checklist takes 10 secs due to the fantastic enginetester. Its not mine, it belongs to the Aeroclub that I am a member of. We who are in charge of the aeroclub are talking about picking up a DA42 aswell. The 100LL AVGAS is becoming extremely expensive so its fantastic to be able to fly the Diamonds on JET A1. The flightschool is still going strong with the bullettprof Piper PA28

Old 05-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Although it is a hassle to taxi with due to the non-steerable frontwheel. Either you taxi at 20knots or you work those brakes!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I've always liked the diamond aircraft, except for one major thing. They have a very cramped cabin. When I fly with another person our shoulders and arms are pressed together. The little bit of extra room in a 172 makes a world of difference.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I dont find the cabin to be that cramped, instead I find the 172 more cramped due to the fact that it is so darker. Would love to fly a DA50 or even more so a DA52

Old 05-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Don't get me wrong, I loved flying the Diamond. I can see where the cabin of the 172 and 182 can feel more cramped due to the small windows. I have also flown a Cirrus SR22 and a Flight Design CTLS and those have such generous cabins and giant windows. The CTLS having the largest windows. Feels like I'm flying around in a little helicopter.