Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Finally flew my new aircraft...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
just curious,..

is it a pricey sport?

any reference numbers on what to expect if one wants to start jumping?
It's an extremely expensive sport, unfortunately. Not sure about your country, but here the first few jumps are around $200 each, then a bunch of coach jumps around $100 each (you're in your own gear but jump with a coach to learn basic skills.) After that you can rent gear for under $75 a day and pay about $20 - $25 per jump ticket.

It's definitely thousands of dollars to start this sport. Once you buy gear ($3000 - $10000+ depending on new/used, etc.) it's much cheaper. Maintenance is a couple hundred dollars a year but tickets are only $20 - $25.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
bigger balls than i have, rock on and be safe

Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
[youtube]6ivAzEi9QOU[/youtube]

Old 06-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
nice vids. what are your thoughts on base jumping. Ive seen lots of vids of wingsuit jumps over in norway jumping off the cliffs. Something you would ever consider doing?

Old 06-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Dave M
nice vids. what are your thoughts on base jumping. Ive seen lots of vids of wingsuit jumps over in norway jumping off the cliffs. Something you would ever consider doing?
I don't have any desire, but if I did I think my wife would kill me. She skydives too, in fact that's how we met, but base jumping is just so much more dangerous. Altitude (time) and a reserve parachute save lives all the time. In base jumping you have one shot, and zero extra time.
It looks beyond amazing though. I'll just stick to flying around clouds for the ground rush.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BDSK You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
balls of steel.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
You are out of your MIND!.......awesome pics though - thanks for sharing

Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Lol I'm not as crazy as you give me credit for.

Looking forward to flying tomorrow with my wife on my back. Hopefully pics to follow soon.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
JasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant futureJasonE30m3 has a brilliant future
That is so crazy. Be safe.

I've always wanted to try it, but I'm afraid of heights. So staying on the ground for this guy!!

Old 09-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Never posted pic... sorry.

Happy holidays!!

Last edited by diskreet; 09-19-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally flew my new aircraft...