Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Space Shuttle: Pure Evo runway photos!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Man that shuttle is dirtier than my cars.

Cool fauxtoes
pure rawness, athmosphere entering, the black thermo tiles are almost cook (white) and the white paint shows burnt stains, so nice, i hope they never touch it.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:51 AM
MrD
Teamspeed Senior Member
MrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant futureMrD has a brilliant future
thanks... looks amazing...

Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again guys!

Originally Posted by Mixtape
A short list of your equipment maybe? Curious.
I took with me yesterday my:

D700 FX
D7000 DX
14-24mm 2.8
24-70mm 2.8
80-400mm 4.5

Yes, the 80-400 is probably the slowest lens in the world, but coupled with the crop sensor DX 7000, it has great reach and was invaluable for the approach shots - once I got it focused I brought it and the 7000 specifically for that, and they worked as well as expected.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pure Evo
Thanks again guys!

I took with me yesterday my:

D700 FX
D7000 DX
14-24mm 2.8
24-70mm 2.8
80-400mm 4.5

Yes, the 80-400 is probably the slowest lens in the world, but coupled with the crop sensor DX 7000, it has great reach and was invaluable for the approach shots - once I got it focused I brought it and the 7000 specifically for that, and they worked as well as expected.
Sounds great, i didn't even know hey made a 80-400 lens haha. I'm just working with my kit for now but hope that in a couple years i'll be where you are.

Last edited by Mixtape; 04-18-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:12 AM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pics, must have been quite something to be so close to the shuttle.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
the wonders of flight,..

it`s amazing to see what humanity has created in so little time

Old 04-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
The first photograph in this seat is fantastic!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Seriously, great shots! Awesome job! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I know a couple people that got pics of it flying over DC that work there, but nothing quite as good as these. Shared on Facebook. Great work again! And Mixtape, I love your avatar lol

Old 04-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
AWESOME photos Steve! I can't even imagine what it must have been like to be on the runway for that event.

The little kid in me always wants to be out on the runway when 'normal' jets are landing/taking off. This is just above & beyond that dream a million times over. Thanks for sharing!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots! Thanks for sharing, I would have loved to see this.

Quick Reply: Space Shuttle: Pure Evo runway photos!