Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

[PICS] 2011 Joint Service OPen House at Andrews AFB

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely awesome, I always wanted to fly the Warthog. I would quite my job in a heart beat for the shot.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Gobbles!

Old 05-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Absolutely awesome, I always wanted to fly the Warthog. I would quite my job in a heart beat for the shot.
175th Wing

Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Flying out of Andrews today. Here is a shot of the Air Force One hangar:

And here I am on final coming back into our home base at VKX after the grueling 6 mile flight:

Old 05-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
That is very intriguing.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
Flying out of Andrews today. Here is a shot of the Air Force One hangar:

And here I am on final coming back into our home base at VKX after the grueling 6 mile flight:

6 miles! Did you have to get clearance to land at VKX before you actually took off from ADW??

Old 05-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pics! That's a pretty decent array of planes too.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pics! Looks like I missed a great show.

The 2011 JSOH show is behind us. That was three long but fun days showcasing the best our military has to offer and reminding me of the many things that make this country great.

I'll start with the iPhone pics I took today of several of the static displays. I'm editing the shots from the Canon and will post those soon.
That is the new Lakota, and yes it is hawt.
I saw two of those at Opa Locka the other night, and taxied past them while they were unloading.

I ran into them at the FBO, looked like some tough guys. I spoke to them, and asked them about the helicopters and where they were headed. They were nice guys, said they were headed to Haiti.

Also, there's one just like it on Yacht that docks in Miami from time to time.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Full of Win.
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ
6 miles! Did you have to get clearance to land at VKX before you actually took off from ADW??
LOL not quite that bad, since VKX is uncontrolled, but I never left the ADW tower frequency until time to make pattern/position calls.

And to put things in perspective in that AF1 hangar pic, that aircraft on the ramp to the right of the hangar is a 757. Yes, that hangar is that big.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
Jonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant futureJonathan has a brilliant future
A buddy who is a test pilot for Lockheed sent these to me...the F-35CF-02 which he had a chance to fly:

Just looked at L/M site and these pictures are on their site as well...along with many more.

Quick Reply: [PICS] 2011 Joint Service OPen House at Andrews AFB