Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Anyone going to the May 16th Endeavour launch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone going to the May 16th Endeavour launch?

Thinking about grabbing some KSC tickets and flying Gobbles Jr. down for the Monday shuttle launch so he can witness a piece of history and some sheer awesomeness. Anyone else going? We'll probably fly into Merritt Island and stay somewhere close by.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to go, but I'm out of the country.

Have fun and take pics.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
Thinking about grabbing some KSC tickets and flying Gobbles Jr. down for the Monday shuttle launch so he can witness a piece of history and some sheer awesomeness. Anyone else going? We'll probably fly into Merritt Island and stay somewhere close by.
What a great thing to do with your son! My father's job used to be heavily involved in the space program. I have very fond memories of him taking the family to coco beach to watch the launches when I was young. I have seen the shuttle launch several times.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ambleZ06
What a great thing to do with your son! My father's job used to be heavily involved in the space program. I have very fond memories of him taking the family to coco beach to watch the launches when I was young. I have seen the shuttle launch several times.
Yeah we were stationed at Patrick when I was a kid and remember watching them from our yard (though off in the distance still very cool.)

We did go see one in person when I was younger and back then the viewing area was only 3 miles from the pad. We'll be 6 miles out from this one but I still think it's going to be incredible.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Full of Win.
I've made final preparations and have our flight plans laid out for the flight down tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what ATC actually gives us, especially once down in FL.

If anyone is interested in following along you can via FlightAware > N4513T

This will also be my first real use of my IFR ticket (beyond the usual approach practice). We'll likely be between layers most of the day.