Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Discovery's Rollout

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
eomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant future
amazing photos. truly the work horse of our space program.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
desmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond reputedesmosedici has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Damon@tirerack
Posted by one of the guys over on Rennlist. Taken 30 miles north on New Smyrna Beach. I had no idea the launch would be so clear from that far away.

When I worked in Orlando, on clear days we would watch the count down on TV, and then just as it started to lift off we'd head outside to watch it. That was roughly 60 miles or so as the bird flies.

And I've heard that you can see it from Tampa on clear days, but I don't know the authenticity of this. I kind of take it as rumor.