Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Boeing or Airbus ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Boeing, fo sho.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
WFR22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Airbus. I know that both make great planes - I love the 757 for its looks - but I just have a 'soft spot' for Airbus.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Boeing or I am not going LOL

Old 06-29-2011, 08:30 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
imo there are 2 types of Boeings :
the old gen and the new gen a/c

the new gen types have implemented a lot of features Airbus already has on the entire family

oh and for people travelling...there is no a/c with more passenger comfort on long haul flights than the A340-600 or A380

so quiet and roomy in business and first - awesome!(depends on airline)

Old 06-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Striker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond repute
320s are being sold like crazy now for one main reason. They're being assembled in China.. Cheap labor and all of that good stuff.

But still, I'm enjoying the 320 even though I would love to fly any other Boeing Aircrafts as it's very easy to operate whenever you have any sort of failure or whatever.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 AM
BDP
Teamspeed Member
BDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of light
Boeing hands down.

I've flown both extensively between here and Asia. My findings:

1. Boeing ages much better than Airbus. Every Airbus I have flown without exception has comparably bad take offs and landings. The vibration and rattling is unbelievable.
2. Boeing is more ergonomic than airbus. The business class on most airbus is poorly designed. They cram you in pods with zero width and arm room. Boeing typically has more space.
3. Dreamliner vs A380. The A380 is a marvel of engineering. However, it was a retarded business decision. It is a logistics nightmare designed to herd cattle. I have had the unfortunate experience of going through immigration when 2 747s land. That is bad enough. Now imagine hitting when a couple of A380s land with their 800+ passengers. Without adding on significant capacity to current airports you are looking at a serious cluster ****. Even more, imagine going to baggage claim when a single A380 lands and the airport is busy.

Bottom line, while an impressive plane the A380 is a terrible concept for passenger travel. When Boeing's dreamliner lands it will be the future of Air Travel. Not the airbus. Boeing went in the right direction and understands logistics.

My 10 cents.

Edit: 4. Air conditioning. All Boeing aircraft have personal AC vents along with standard cabin cooling. Most Airbus do not have personal AC vents.

Last edited by BDP; 06-30-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Having to pick between these two is a luxury. Come talk to me after you've flown in a Tupolev or Ilyushin.
Agreed

There is always An-24 ... the short-haul beast of the soviet era.

Fun exercise but at the end of the day for comercial flights it doesnt depend on Boeing/Airbus but on how the airlines fits them out.

Old United Boeings are shit boxes ... but same could be said for airbuses.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer to stick with the G550. No doubt there.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
kicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Striker
The system in its essence is the same but the way that it has been organized for ease of flying is better on the Boeing...

Just take a look at the overhead panel in both cockpits and see what's more ease to your eyes.

That's not entirely accurate. I fly an Airbus and all I have to do is look up and if I see a light on then I know I have to check something because usually during cruise it shouldn't be on or I put it on and I should check is it time to turn it off. On the Boeing it's not that simple.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kicks
That's not entirely accurate. I fly an Airbus and all I have to do is look up and if I see a light on then I know I have to check something because usually during cruise it shouldn't be on or I put it on and I should check is it time to turn it off. On the Boeing it's not that simple.
I guess Striker relates to the complexity of the Airbus Flight Systems
but imo,if you are well accustomed to the SOPs and the system features/functions ,which you are when you are flying the line for some time,then things can be much more efficient and accurate

Quick Reply: Boeing or Airbus ?