Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Hillary Clinton's plane

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bradb1us
We dropped the idea of flying our jet down and of going to Monterrey based on the State Department's reports of violence and the recommendations of our security company. Even the company I was going to visit in Monterrey said it's probably a better idea to stay away for now...lol.

Mexico City was pretty tranquilo, though.
People tend to blow things out of proportion. Monterrey is close to the drug wars though, but it's still not that bad. At least you're not going to Juarez. Hell, if you read the State Departments warnings on Colombia, you would see all kinds of warnings and it's a great place to visit. Same thing if you were to look up places like Istanbul.

I hope your trip to Mexico City went well though.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
People tend to blow things out of proportion. Monterrey is close to the drug wars though, but it's still not that bad. At least you're not going to Juarez. Hell, if you read the State Departments warnings on Colombia, you would see all kinds of warnings and it's a great place to visit. Same thing if you were to look up places like Istanbul.

I hope your trip to Mexico City went well though.
but IF something happens you would be the a$$ because you ignored the warnings..

I like this one looks sweet as well

Old 03-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
but IF something happens you would be the a$$ because you ignored the warnings..
In that case, I might as well stay at home and never leave. I'm just sayin.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Better to be safe than sorry. I'd feel like a real Jack-A if I wound up being kidnapped and held for ransom, when I could've taken preventive measures.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by bradb1us
Better to be safe than sorry. I'd feel like a real Jack-A if I wound up being kidnapped and held for ransom, when I could've taken preventive measures.
True, but the best preventive measure is being low profile. And flying in a Private Jet is only high profile when you announce it to the world. Not to mention the fact that when you fly into a large city like Mexico, and Bogota a Citation V or a Hawker 800 is a small fish in a big pond.

I have been to many "high risk" places, and I have not had any issues. I'm cautious about where I go, and what I do, but I use my own common sense to guide me through it. I fly around Colombia in a BeechJet, but I don't fly it into small airports in far off towns. I drive 1996 Landcruiser that blends in perfectly. I would be much more cautious of what and where I was driving, than what and where I was flying.

To each his own. No one can tell you what's best for you but you. I simply speak from my experience. I'm not saying that I would go driving around Somolia in a Bentley GTC, but I have no problem going to Mexico. I take measured risks. But that's just me.