Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Mitt Romney and problems with commercial aviation...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Mitt Romney and problems with commercial aviation...

I've heard from several sources that certain politicians are avoiding the private jet charters simply because of appearances. Maybe Mitt will go back to it after this...

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney
Romney took in the opening weekend at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

(CNN) – Even former presidential candidates are subject to the occasional annoyances of air travel.

A passenger seated in front of former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney's wife became "physically violent" when the former Republican presidential candidate asked the passenger to move his seat in a more upright position.

The incident occurred Monday when the Romneys were headed from Vancouver, Canada to Los Angeles on an Air Canada flight, according to spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom.

In a statement to CNN, Fehrnstrom said "Romney did not retaliate, but instead allowed the airline crew to respond to the incident."

Following the uproar, the plane returned to the gate where the passenger was removed by airport police. Romney was not injured.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
I heard it reported this morning that Romney was physically assaulted, and that the guy was arrested.

What I can't figure out is how the douchebags that try to open the cabin door in flight forcing an emergency landing get questioned by the police and released?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Was he flying first class?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe he will.

Honestly though, I hate it when people ask me to move my seat back up while I'm trying to sleep. I don't flip out, but I kindly point out that it's a long flight in an uncomfortable airplane and that I wont be changing my seat position. They can recline too, and it will be fine.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
You'd think his time would be worth more than the hassle of taking a commercial flight, though. The guy is worth $250-$300 million. I'm surprised he doesn't have his own plane, to be honest.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Hernando
Maybe he will.

Honestly though, I hate it when people ask me to move my seat back up while I'm trying to sleep. I don't flip out, but I kindly point out that it's a long flight in an uncomfortable airplane and that I wont be changing my seat position. They can recline too, and it will be fine.
I believe this was during taxi, before take off.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
C'mon Mit you know Bain would let you use their jet (if they have any ?). I hope you run in 2012!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Trust me. Mitt has his own planes.

He is - by far and away - our best hope for 2012.

I know the man. I was an attorney for his campaign in 2008.

He is what he appears to be with no smoke or mirrors.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister

I am with you 100%. I voted for Mitt in the primaries. I hope he runs in 2012.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
I am with you 100%. I voted for Mitt in the primaries. I hope he runs in 2012.

Originally Posted by Barrister

I also voted for him in the primaries. He is what our country needs. I agree with most of his running platform, but what is most important to me is that this guy is an actually business man and his answer to everything isn't, "let's raise the debt ceiling." I understand I won't agree 100% with everyone, but to me it is much more important to have someone who will keep America strong, and the place where everyone comes to for prosperity; not to vote for someone based on sex, race, or if they will lower taxes by a few hundred dollars (God I hate when I hear about those idiots for voted for the Bamster with this in mind- I hope they weren't middle class because their shit is going UP).