Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Official: The Lamborghini Veneno has arrived

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
Well Personally Mansory should be shut down and banned any cars built by them at any auto show. I just don't understand how you can possibly think that the Veneno and Mansory can be in the same category. Veneno is a work of art from a designers and performance side of things. Mansory is created by a bunch of for a lack of a better work Ricer's.
Ok first of all, i never placed Lamborghini and Mansory in the same category; they are, from the beginning, two different companies that fulfill two completely different needs for different people. I merely stated, jokingly but with a hint of sincerity, that since Mansory so distastefully modifies exteriors of cars, and this Lamborghini, in my opinion to which you shook your head, came out distastefully overdone, Mansory should work on this car's exterior and maybe they would make it look so ugly that it would start to look negatively ugly, so good. As a joke. Although i was serious about the exterior design of the Veneno.
Second of all, the word ricers doesn't belong here. Ricers are people who modify the exterior of non-fast cars to try and make them look fast, and act all big-balled like they actually are fast. Mansory, as much as i hate them and other tuners like them, do modify fast cars and either make them faster or look different. Mansory does not belong to any category, as they modify all types of cars; so saying that i compared them to Lamborghini as a company, is completely wrong.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
KllyCo is an unknown quantity at this point
Very true Alwin, on all accounts.

On top of which a bunch have people have said that it's a Aventador with an outrageous bodykit. well actually if you look at the two side by side the only thing that they have in common exterior wise is the monocoque. Other than that every panel seems to be different. So in reality they are quite different and well worth the money. too bad they probably will never be driven on the street or track.
3 Million is well worth nothing more than changed body panels? No increases in performance and probably heavier. It is worrying that they are wasting their time creating this when Ferrari, Mclaren and Porsche are pushing the barriers of what supercars can do. I get that you want lamborghini to be "outrageous" but all i've mostly seen lately from them are pointless bodykit cars and giving gallardo's different names and putting stickers on them and calling them limited edition cars.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond reputelambocars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KllyCo
3 Million is well worth nothing more than changed body panels? No increases in performance and probably heavier. It is worrying that they are wasting their time creating this when Ferrari, Mclaren and Porsche are pushing the barriers of what supercars can do. I get that you want lamborghini to be "outrageous" but all i've mostly seen lately from them are pointless bodykit cars and giving gallardo's different names and putting stickers on them and calling them limited edition cars.
You might want to read up on the Veneno before making the above statements.

No increase in performance and probably heavier?
The Veneno has 50 bhp more than the Aventador, the latter offers 700hp while the Veneno pumps out 750hp ... also acceleration figures have changed, the Veneno does 0 to 100 Km/h in 2.8 seconds, the Aventador needs 2.9 with the latter having a top speed of 350 Km/h while the Veneno has been 'capped' at 355 Km/h ... and last but not least the Veneno is 125kg lighter than the Aventador.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Just a shame these works of art will probably never be driven to prove and shut up the haters of it's power. Probably if ever driven it will be from the trailer to show room spot.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
Viiiiktor is an unknown quantity at this point
More pics: sala9108

Old 03-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by lambocars
You might want to read up on the Veneno before making the above statements.

No increase in performance and probably heavier?
The Veneno has 50 bhp more than the Aventador, the latter offers 700hp while the Veneno pumps out 750hp ... also acceleration figures have changed, the Veneno does 0 to 100 Km/h in 2.8 seconds, the Aventador needs 2.9 with the latter having a top speed of 350 Km/h while the Veneno has been 'capped' at 355 Km/h ... and last but not least the Veneno is 125kg lighter than the Aventador.
Sorry for not coming prepared. Although 50 more hp and .1 sec faster 0-100 km/h time is hardly a performance increase for a 3 million dollar car. You've said nothing about my other points to which I assume you maybe agree with.

Last edited by KllyCo; 03-14-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 AM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KllyCo
Sorry for not coming prepared. Although 50 more hp and .1 sec faster 0-100 km/h time is hardly a performance increase for a 3 million dollar car. You've said nothing about my other points to which I assume you maybe agree with.
Your only other argument presents how "newer versions" of Gallardo's were just the previous editions with new bodykits and stickers, as you so blatantly placed it. The only place you used this argument was to imply that the Veneno does not "deserve" to be called limited edition since it appears to only be a bodykit Aventador; 50hp more, .1" faster and three productions sounds pretty limited to me.

Just because it is based on the same chassis as another car does not mean it is unoriginal or just a bodykit.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:19 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Mixtape
Your only other argument presents how "newer versions" of Gallardo's were just the previous editions with new bodykits and stickers, as you so blatantly placed it. The only place you used this argument was to imply that the Veneno does not "deserve" to be called limited edition since it appears to only be a bodykit Aventador; 50hp more, .1" faster and three productions sounds pretty limited to me.

Just because it is based on the same chassis as another car does not mean it is unoriginal or just a bodykit.
The gallardo point is not related to the veneno. I was simply implicating the list of every gallardo "special edition" is quite ridiculous. If you want ill post the list. What you don't quite seem to get about the veneno either is they are selling for over 3 million dollars! Who cares if it considered special edition, my argument is ferrari, Porsche and Mclaren unveiled supercars that are pushing the boundaries of what road cars can do and Lamborghini came out with a redesigned aventador with almost non existent performance increases and gave it a price tag that cost more than ferrari, Porsche and Mclaren supercars combined. It's a slap to the face honestly.

Last edited by KllyCo; 03-15-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Look all their own, but personely it is fantastic. Least Lamborghini isn't playing it say. They wanted to do something out there and thats inexactly what they did. Who cares that its a glorified Aventador. They did the same thing with the Reventon and people loved it. As for the price, yes $3 million is a bit steep but who cares, spending 1.2m on a bugatti that looks out dated is outrageous but you dont see be people complaining. And as for the new Gallardo, who is to say they not focusing on that. Lamborghini are pretty good with keep things secret. Hell no one had a clue about the Veneno.....

Chris is close minded, if it isn't a porsche or a maclaren, to him everything else is not even considered competition.
Dieter, before you go slagging Chris Harris off you do realise I hope that he is an ex Gallardo owner which he bought from new. He has also owned multiply Ferrari's. So I think your comments might just be wide of the mark

Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Like the Reventon this is another shameless marketing exercise by Lamborghini. It just goes to prove that there is always another fool with more money than sense willing to drop a bundle on this irrelevant car.

You have to ask what knock on effect this will have for Lamborghini, are we going to see any trickle down technology or styling clues from this? I suspect not. I also question the so called weight reduction, as this is never likely to be independently verified they can quote what they like. But I am willing to bet it weighs a lot more than a standard Aventador.

Oh and by the way it looks like crap...

Quick Reply: Official: The Lamborghini Veneno has arrived