Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Help With Strange Smell

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
orlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond repute
Help With Strange Smell

Guys,

My Gallardo has developed a strange smell. When the engine heats up, it smells like someone dropped a deuce in the intake vent on the driver's side.

Anyone know what it could be?

Its at my tuner now for some other work (seal on my oil filter caused a leak and got my new skid plates on.) They are looking if a small animal died in the vent.

Hope not.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
No idea, but that's hilarious. Sorry to hear.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, small animal or rat shit. That's what it usually is with the cars we get in.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
deuce or rotten eggs? If the latter it could be catalyzer related ...

Old 11-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
orlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
deuce or rotten eggs? If the latter it could be catalyzer related ...

Can you elaborate on the catalyzer issue?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe someone actually did drop a deuce in there.
Hope you get it fixed 'cause that sounds nasty.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
transmission or differential fluid ... not good

Old 11-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by antny74
transmission or differential fluid ... not good
yea, that's what my other tuner said it was

Old 11-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!antny74 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
what kind of transmission? how many miles?

Old 11-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
chrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond reputechrissurfr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sweethy666
I got out of my truck today and as I was getting stuff out of the back seat, I noticed the same odor coming from the wheel well that we've been smelling in the bedroom.

This morning, I did not switch on the ceiling fixture and didn't smell the odor...so I asked my husband if something could be burning in the ceiling or with the wires as we haven't put up the ceiling fan yet.

As it turns out, the electrician who ran the wires for the ceiling fan left a 189 watt bulb in the fixture....just dangling from the ceiling since we didn't have the fan yet. My husband says this wattage is what they use for outdoor lighting, like street lights etc.

So we are pretty sure that since this is WAY too high of a wattage for indoor use, the bulb is heating up/almost melting the rubber coating on the wires and causing the odor...which I really hope is the problem since that is an EASY fix...

but we're still investigating...

do you have a lamborghini ceiling fan?