Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini Officially Kills off the Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011 | 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by msindi
Its called evolution...
I personally don't mind the extinction of manuals..
how much neg rep did you get for that comment??? lol

Old 07-20-2011 | 02:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
The market asked for it. Even though i am a big manual fan, even i wouldn't get a manual Lambo. Doesn't make sense to me given it has AWD anyways. Manual + Baboni was great, but manual + AWD, uh, what's the point. But AWD + TTG 850AWHP + fast paddle shift = awesome.

Old 07-20-2011 | 02:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
Has anyone tested the life of a clutch without the third pedal? I assume without a clutch pedal the computer slips it constantly at slow speeds and up onramps.

Old 07-20-2011 | 03:58 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
I am honestly a personal fan of 3 pedals but I guess as companies keep taking away the 3rd pedal, there is nothing we can do but to accept these new transmissions

Old 07-21-2011 | 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TheAmericanStig is an unknown quantity at this point
I always said Porsche will be the last to carry manual as an option. The only reason manual should go away is because gasoline engines have been killed off, too.

Old 07-28-2011 | 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute

I am so much happier that I waited out a manual on my Murci. I will avoid paddle-sequential-shifted-manu-matic-don't-you-wish-you-were-a-BTCC-driver-but-you're-not transmissions for as long as I possibly can.

Lambo's latest mantra of "pulling the driver out of the loop to attain the ultimate driving experience" is BS. The tenths of a second I might get in acceleration or the off-chance need for a computer-assist in an emergency in no way surpasses the value I get from my enjoyment of using a manual transmission.

As I've said before..I'm all about progress, and experimenting, and finding newer and more exciting technology and then pushing each technology to its limit to see what can be achieved.... but must this progress come at the loss of the freedom of choice?

And I don't believe the metrics we're handed about how many people are buying this or that type of transmission. You can't look at these things simply as comparisons of volume sold. If that were the case then the sports car would have died long ago.

I'm just puzzled as to why now, all of a sudden, the manual transmission is obsolete even in the niche sports car markets. The manual transmission has been obsolete for decades. Yet even as recently as 2002, 4th generation Firebirds and Camaros offered the T-56 6-speed as a higher priced option to the 4L60 slushbox and plenty sold that way, with owners paying MORE for a manual.

To me, saying the manual is extinct or needs to be extinct is like saying we have no more need for chocolate ice cream just because MOST people are buying rocky road.

</rant>

Perhaps this is just me getting old.

Old 07-28-2011 | 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I am all for manuals but it depends on the usage. The e-gear on my LP is amazing and suits my needs far more than a manual would here in London as a DD.

Old 07-28-2011 | 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
famoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to beholdfamoussas is a splendid one to behold
E Gear on the LP560 offers a much much quicker driving experience than the manual, although I guess that's pretty obvious. I was in London last week and the manual was fine, but only cause the box is so easy to use anyways.

Happy to have the last manual Lamborghini but it is primitive in terms of driving as fast as possible. A lot of fun though.

Old 07-28-2011 | 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sea Biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point
All my past sportscars have been manuals...except the 560...love the manuals, but the e-gear really works well on the LP 560 and I really enjoy it...hey..."The Times They Are a-Changin'"!

Old 07-28-2011 | 08:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
They'll be back. Someone's nuts at the factory have to drop at some point.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Officially Kills off the Manual