Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

A milestone in the history of Lamborghini: The new twelve-cylinder and the new ISR tr

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Kongsved is an unknown quantity at this point
Shifting times down by 50% compared to dual-clutch systems? Sounds amazing, I would love a technical description on how their 'box works.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Cant wait to hear more about the transmission! Engine is a work of art!!

Old 11-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
cfdrumr is an unknown quantity at this point
I WILL own a car with this engine/tranny one day.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Tranny sounds amazing. I hope it performs in the real world as well as they describe.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:40 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Audi is doing some really cool work. Ahhh, sorry, Lamborghini is doing some really cool work.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all
amazing???

I thinks its utter shit. If they arent gonna build a proper manual and just go after the segment of tossers that cant drive with gay-gear they mine as well just become ferrari

useless!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:44 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Great info. Sounds impressive! Good work Lamborghini.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
This innovative manual gearbox combines extremely fast shift times – almost 50 percent shorter than with a dual-clutch transmission – with the benefits of manual shifting when it comes to low weight and compact dimensions, both always crucial for a super sports car. The low shift times are enabled through the transmission’s particular design, known as ISR (Independent Shifting Rod). Instead of taking place in series, as with a conventional gearbox, shifting can occur virtually in parallel. While one shifting rod is moving out of one gear, the second shifting rod can already engage the next. Moreover, the transmission weighs only 79 kilograms – a distinct benefit, even against comparable DSG transmissions, which are considerably heavier.

I call bullshit on all of the above.
Considering the 458 Italia's DSG shifts in 50 milliseconds, this will have to shift in 30 milliseconds to meet their claim. Good luck with that. Do F1 cars even shift that fast?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond repute
Really great numbers for NA engine!

Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I want to see a technical breakdown of how the ISR system works.

To me, it sounds like the "pre-selector" gearboxes from a long time ago, but with the electronics controlling which gear the transmission summons. From the pictures, it appears there are two rods. One for 1,3, 5 and 7 if it's a 7-speed and then another for 2, 4 and 6. So when you hit the paddle at the top of 2nd for instance, 3rd has already been selected by the opposite rod, with the clutch only acting as the intermediary between the two. The calibration of the rods is the only thing I can't figure out. The software will be controlling them, but how exactly they are setup and the torque acting upon them all needs to work perfectly if it's going to pull off the advertised shift times.

I doubt they will be rebuildable. If something goes wrong, the dealer will probably pull the broken one out and replace with a new box. Similar to what Porsche was doing with the 996 engines.

Another interesting thing is that the engine still has throttlebodies, which is a bit old school. I would have thought they would have had the cams controlling the throttle like the new BMW engines. The video also clearly shows that the cylinder heads only have one hole in the center for the spark plug, so no direct fuel injection.

Quick Reply: A milestone in the history of Lamborghini: The new twelve-cylinder and the new ISR tr