Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010 | 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Car will be lighter than 1600, much lighter. In the presentation slides they announced 229 kg weight decrease. Car will be very light for V12 AWD supercar.
Thanks to a full CF monocoque... and its not a tub like the Mac its a full monocoque A, B pillars and all

Old 11-27-2010 | 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Car will be lighter than 1600, much lighter. In the presentation slides they announced 229 kg weight decrease. Car will be very light for V12 AWD supercar.
We all know Lambos official figures haven't been accurate about weight on any of the Murcis so I'm sorry but I don't believe that for a second. I hope I'm wrong but anything below 1650kg would surprise me.

Old 11-27-2010 | 12:45 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
We all know Lambos official figures haven't been accurate about weight on any of the Murcis so I'm sorry but I don't believe that for a second. I hope I'm wrong but anything below 1650kg would surprise me.
Both Ferrari and Lamborghini likes to claim weight never seen during independent tests. But Lamborghini starts to improve situation - LP560-4 and LP570-4 SL weight figures were rather accurate. I really hope the weight figure is accurate here, this car needs lower weight for better agility.

Old 11-27-2010 | 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by aceofblitz
They said that the trunk space is 150 liters.
I don't know capacity in litres but visually the trunk appeared to me to be bigger than the Gallardo but less than the Murci. Quite deep but a little narrow perhaps

Old 11-27-2010 | 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ludas
They told me it weighs the same as an SV, which surprised me as they also said the chassis was 229kg lighter than a 640

Old 11-27-2010 | 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
any word on the height???

Old 11-27-2010 | 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm relieved the name won't be 'Aventador'. It didn't pack the right punch
The car itself sounds so impressive, none would have cared if it was called Shirley...lol

Old 11-27-2010 | 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
turboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enoughturboad will become famous soon enough
Weight is gonna be around 1500 kgs, the car is longer than the murcialago but a little bit narrower.

I was at the viewing in bahrain yesterday with aceofblitz
After a 15 min presentation by the regional manager they took us to a room and uncovered the car. I spent 2 hours looking at the car and talking with the lambo reps, so this is how im gonna sum it up;

Exterior : She sat there in pearl white with black rims. The car has strong lambo dna. That menacing look is still there, yet it is somehow more sophisticated. Its looks a lot like a reventon, but believe it or not a sexier more elegant version. Very sharp lines along the front fender running all the way across the doors and back , and HUGE air intakes on the sides. kind of like the audi r8s but way sexier. Doors open up like the murc's but at an angle this time. The front looks beautiful with air diffusers that resemble the lp570 sl's and gorgeous looking headlights. The air cooling ducts open up when the engine gets hot similar to the murc's but open up from another direction. The rear off the car looked like a cross between a reventon and the four door estoque concept. There is a rear spoiler that deploys at a certain speed and glass panels over the engine bay.

Interior : Wow, big step up from anything lambo or even audi i have ever seen. This is quality stuff, i could go on blabbing about the quality of the leather and how good it smells etc, but i found pictures which are about 80-90% close to what i saw. The estoque concept. Same steering wheel, same seats and the same center console but with a different button layout. The door handles are different to accommodate the scissor action. The interior i saw was black and it looked sick! tft screen for the dashboard that replaces the gauges. The driver and passenger are separated via a high sitting centre console. Very focused drivers seat which feels like a fighter jet cockpit. The starter button is a very nice detail. The button is covered with a red cover which you have to flick open before you fire away the engine! And boy does it fire up with an explosion.

Sound : The car has 3 modes, and the sound seems to change with the modes selected. It sounds exotic when revved, but not as loud as i was expecting. Something tells me from the way the engine barks at startup that it is going to sound sick wide open on the road.

Engineering: Very exotic suspension layout, with rear dampeners horizontally mounted like an f1 car. All the bodywork on the car is aerodynamically functional. Carbon fiber monocoque saves weight and provides far more rigidity than metal for handling.

While talking with the reps they stated that there is a new orange color coming out and that is more "alive" than the current orange. They also stated that what i saw is going to be exactly what the production unit is going to look like. The current name is the lp-700-4 and the model name is going to be unveiled with the car in march.

Old 11-27-2010 | 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, great write up!!!

Old 11-27-2010 | 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
aceofblitz is on a distinguished roadaceofblitz is on a distinguished roadaceofblitz is on a distinguished road
turboad is the 1st guy to ever customer in the region to sit in and to rev the lp700 :P dont know about the world lol

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4