Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010 | 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex12de
You know something i agree, i have been checking this thread from the very first post made and i have no doubt it will look good... The only important thing is waiting for Geneva!
the wait hurts...urg lol

Old 11-26-2010 | 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Saudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond repute
OK everyone ... I saw the car

first: presentation is for 15 minutes, starts with history then talks about what they did to come up with the car. They put also some comparison with other V12 cars like the Aston DBS & Ferrari both 599 & 599 GTB " do not know why they put both" also with the LP670-4 SV. No photos whats so ever in the presentation for the Aventador ... just the numbers that we all know.

Second: we were asked to go and see the car and here is my initial impression on the baloon white color Aventador:
First minute: The side vents are huge and looks really nice & wheels are huge "shiny black"
10 minutes: I liked the rear as its 85% Reventon rear but in an enhanced way with Estoque rear lights. I did not like the front of the car.

20 minutes: I went inside and it was Amazing but with lots of Audi type buttons influence in the center console. Of course it was a TFT screen with a single Dial that you can either choose for RPM or Speed. Seats are no more diagonal "I prefere the diagonal one" very sharp lines from inside also. The stearing wheel was sexy.

25 minutes: I liked the side of the car and the doors were nice too. Alot of lines really in the car ... The roof I noticed got lots of lines too ... I looked at the front but still not much into it.

30 minutes: I start to chat with Lambo guys from Italy and getting their impresson about other exterior colors and they told me they liked the shiny black & the new orange called Argos "deep Orange". I asked about posibility of carbon fiber parts for the black parts in the exterior of the car and they said nothing available now but may be in the furtre.

40 minutes: I asked about the side vents, he said they no more will offer the button to open it manually and it will open the other way around. I asked if he can show us how but he said when the engine heats up but I told him leave it running and it will heat up and he said no so I knew its not ready to open. Also the rear wing opens to the outside at 120km then @ 200km it just tilts. He was shocked when I told him that I do not like the front of the car so he started to show me again.

45 minutes: he opend the big Y shape LED, exactly like the Estoque head lights for the side but with additional small LEB as indicators. When I looked closly to the front, hmmmm the car is nice actually BUT with lots of details ... lots of lines, lots of sharp angle. The nose is pointed with a black part underneath it for downforce.

Thats it, the best looking angle for me so far is the 45 degree angle from the back ... it does look nice but come one, you have lived with the Murcielago for 10 years and got used to its shape and lines and saw it in all color & all conditions so not fair to pre judge.
I will go tomorrow again and see and ask Winkelman some questions so if you have some shooooot them.

Old 11-26-2010 | 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
subgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Saudi_Ferrari
OK everyone ... I saw the car

first: presentation is for 15 minutes, starts with history then talks about what they did to come up with the car. They put also some comparison with other V12 cars like the Aston DBS & Ferrari both 599 & 599 GTB " do not know why they put both" also with the LP670-4 SV. No photos whats so ever in the presentation for the Aventador ... just the numbers that we all know.

Second: we were asked to go and see the car and here is my initial impression on the baloon white color Aventador:
First minute: The side vents are huge and looks really nice & wheels are huge "shiny black"
10 minutes: I liked the rear as its 85% Reventon rear but in an enhanced way with Estoque rear lights. I did not like the front of the car.

20 minutes: I went inside and it was Amazing but with lots of Audi type buttons influence in the center console. Of course it was a TFT screen with a single Dial that you can either choose for RPM or Speed. Seats are no more diagonal "I prefere the diagonal one" very sharp lines from inside also. The stearing wheel was sexy.

25 minutes: I liked the side of the car and the doors were nice too. Alot of lines really in the car ... The roof I noticed got lots of lines too ... I looked at the front but still not much into it.

30 minutes: I start to chat with Lambo guys from Italy and getting their impresson about other exterior colors and they told me they liked the shiny black & the new orange called Argos "deep Orange". I asked about posibility of carbon fiber parts for the black parts in the exterior of the car and they said nothing available now but may be in the furtre.

40 minutes: I asked about the side vents, he said they no more will offer the button to open it manually and it will open the other way around. I asked if he can show us how but he said when the engine heats up but I told him leave it running and it will heat up and he said no so I knew its not ready to open. Also the rear wing opens to the outside at 120km then @ 200km it just tilts. He was shocked when I told him that I do not like the front of the car so he started to show me again.

45 minutes: he opend the big Y shape LED, exactly like the Estoque head lights for the side but with additional small LEB as indicators. When I looked closly to the front, hmmmm the car is nice actually BUT with lots of details ... lots of lines, lots of sharp angle. The nose is pointed with a black part underneath it for downforce.

Thats it, the best looking angle for me so far is the 45 degree angle from the back ... it does look nice but come one, you have lived with the Murcielago for 10 years and got used to its shape and lines and saw it in all color & all conditions so not fair to pre judge.
I will go tomorrow again and see and ask Winkelman some questions so if you have some shooooot them.
Great post, THANK YOU for the info...

Old 11-26-2010 | 05:41 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Saudi...fantastic write up...im just sittin here reading the post over and over...trying to piece together what the car looks like in my head...its driving me nuts!!! lol

Old 11-26-2010 | 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Saudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond reputeSaudi_Ferrari has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
Saudi...fantastic write up...im just sittin here reading the post over and over...trying to piece together what the car looks like in my head...its driving me nuts!!! lol
Happy you like it as I have spent a quite of quality time looking and inscpeting each side and still other stuff I did not include like the two vents in the hood similar to the SV ... the design got lots of details .... loooooooooots of details that you need to spend time trying to see them. I believe this is the direction now for Lambo after they started it with the Reventon which to use lots of sharp angles & lines .... but simply look to the pencil sketch pic ... its 95% the Aventador

Old 11-26-2010 | 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Saudi_Ferrari
Happy you like it as I have spent a quite of quality time looking and inscpeting each side and still other stuff I did not include like the two vents in the hood similar to the SV ... the design got lots of details .... loooooooooots of details that you need to spend time trying to see them. I believe this is the direction now for Lambo after they started it with the Reventon which to use lots of sharp angles & lines .... but simply look to the pencil sketch pic ... its 95% the Aventador
If you are going back tomorow...could you please ask and see what Height the Aventador is...does it ride lower then a Murcielago???

thanks again for a great indepth write up made my week!!!

Old 11-26-2010 | 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
shin is on a distinguished roadshin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by McRae
If you are going back tomorow...could you please ask and see what Height the Aventador is...does it ride lower then a Murcielago???
+1, yes please

Old 11-26-2010 | 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
So, it will be a realistic version of this?

It reminds me of a Gallardo and a Murcielago Superveloce put together, with a bit of Estoque.

Old 11-27-2010 | 01:09 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks for the write up!

I am sure that the thing will look amazing, I have a few questions: How much does it look like a Murcielago? If you would see these two cars next to each other, would it look like a face lifted Murc (like the Reventon) or would it look like a brand new car?
How does the bigger wheels make the car look?
Is the front similar to the drawing above?
How much does the wing come up? Can you look it in an upright position?

If you had a buddy (who like extreme looking things) that to pick between keeping a 670 or getting this, what would you advice him to do?

Thanks again for all the info!

/JON

Last edited by olsson99; 11-27-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-27-2010 | 02:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Great write up! Rep for you my friend.

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4