Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010 | 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
trax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AndrewDinCH
Just got back, 4 hours door to door from the factory to Zug

Loved the car, it really is a nice modern fresh replacement for the Murci. Preferred the matt white/black wheels colour combo we saw on the new production line to the show car's matt yellow. The new shade of Arancio is a bit too OTT in my view but each to their own. It needs ligh shades, even matt, to make the most of all the creases and shapes. The interior is now good for tall people, with supportive seats at last. The stats, people have already said a lot on here, so I can't add to that. But the stiffer car, with inboard suspension, signals Lamborghini's intent as to how this car will drive. It is really nice looking through the slats of the engine cover to see the springs and Ohlins dampers (single rate). Importantly, something like 80% of torque is available from around 2500rpm.

Options and delivery dates still unclear. Mine will be matt white with black shiny wheels, dealer thinks it will come in July, but who knows, we are trying to firm this up.
Did you also notice the Matt black on behind the production line - I thought it looked fantastic in that colour

Old 11-10-2010 | 08:59 AM
Teamspeed Member
Spadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by trax
Did you also notice the Matt black on behind the production line - I thought it looked fantastic in that colour
From the reports we are hearing, most people seem to have liked the styling but it sounds like the car is a re-hash of bits and pieces of Lamborghinis since the Reventon. I might be wrong but thats the impression I'm getting - especially when people are saying the back looks exactly like the back of a Reventon.

Having seen the car yourself, would you say this car has an identity of its own, like the Miura, Contach, Diablo and Murci did, or is it just an evolution of the Reventon styling?

Old 11-10-2010 | 09:21 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Bud if mine who was at the event ordering his car is matte black, he told that its a pure stunner in this color. So what are your impressions of the car?

Old 11-10-2010 | 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Spadge1976
From the reports we are hearing, most people seem to have liked the styling but it sounds like the car is a re-hash of bits and pieces of Lamborghinis since the Reventon. I might be wrong but thats the impression I'm getting - especially when people are saying the back looks exactly like the back of a Reventon.
This worries me quite a bit too. I don't like the sound of Lambo not creating a new rear design for their flagship model.
This model should lead the way for all future Lambos, not using already shown bits and pieces from prior models.

Old 11-10-2010 | 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
barchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond repute
Good info so far. Now if we could just get a sneak peak

Old 11-10-2010 | 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
i can honestly confirm ive never checked back on a thread as much as i have this one... such good build up

Old 11-10-2010 | 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
No, unfortunately not - I was busy trying to stop my 5-year old from doing things he shouldn't near all that production equipment.

I loved the US spec matt white car at the end of the line.

What did you think?

Old 11-10-2010 | 10:47 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Reventon was like a concept study and its normal that few clues from Reventon are used in the design of LP700-4. The style is very mean in my opinion and it is really all-new car. Now I had got in touch with both buds of mine who were at the event and they both confirmed that the car is amazing looking in person, there were only few who disliked the car and pre-orders are going in full spead ahead. Basically almost everything was discussed here, nothing new what wasn't posted here earlier.

I am just waiting to hear the impression of our other TS members who were there also. For example trax has perfect taste in cars and I am waiting for his little review.

Old 11-10-2010 | 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ludas
This worries me quite a bit too. I don't like the sound of Lambo not creating a new rear design for their flagship model.
This model should lead the way for all future Lambos, not using already shown bits and pieces from prior models.
I wouldn't worry too much - I don't think it looks much like a Reventon rear

Old 11-10-2010 | 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
^^ That's good news

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4