Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010 | 03:10 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
No cars are much more expensive in singapore

Old 11-07-2010 | 05:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
Was any other lamborghini met with such success in the past, for comparison? This model seems to sell like hot cakes ...

Old 11-07-2010 | 05:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Anything else would be devastating for Lamborghini. As Roy pointed out some time ago Lambos future depends on the success of this model.

Old 11-07-2010 | 06:54 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
In my opinion LP700-4 will enjoy success. There is no sustitute to offer better looks/performance/technolog/price in the supercar market nowdays. Of course competition will move forward in few years, but from what I am hearing Lamborghini will reduced the run of the model to stay competitive.

Also in 2012 we will see new Gallardo which will feature plenty of latest and greatest from LP700-4 and Sesto Elemento.

Old 11-07-2010 | 07:00 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!spooky You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by bulley
i really shouldnt be telling you this but the rear does look like a Reventon.
i hope not, i hated the look of the Reventon. if true though, i'll just wait and pick up a SV.

Old 11-07-2010 | 07:08 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
bulley is infamous around these partsbulley is infamous around these partsbulley is infamous around these partsbulley is infamous around these partsbulley is infamous around these partsbulley is infamous around these partsbulley is infamous around these parts
Flickr: MBulley-Photography's Photostream

interoir. same as the lp640. alcantra/leather wheel. carbon body shell. theres a great little flick up red engine start button in the centre console . very hard to get in and out of. it has hydrolic doors. seats very fitting and comfortable. it would be about 1.1m high. engine v12 700bhp 350kmh. beats all competiors in presentation ( dbs , 599 gto, 599 gtb and the lp670 sv) front rims 19inch rear rims 20inch hope it helps )

Flickr: MBulley-Photography's Photostream

Old 11-07-2010 | 08:16 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Interior is all-new. I really have difficulties in finding it same as Murcielago's interior. Yes, the DNA is there, but the sitting position, headroom and centre console is different.

Tomorrow the presentation event will start at L-factory, I will update with the impressions from buds of mine.

Old 11-07-2010 | 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mannnu81
Was any other lamborghini met with such success in the past, for comparison? This model seems to sell like hot cakes ...
It seems that way because of the Internet/gossip/up to the second updates...back in 2001 leadin up to the murcs launch people were not ONLINE like they are today...thats my two cents

Old 11-07-2010 | 09:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
Spadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the roughSpadge1976 is a jewel in the rough
Ferrarichat guy says if he put down a deposit down now he wouldnt recieve his car till late 2012, with many orders having been placed following the presentation. This sounds like good news for Lamborghini.
In response to D55Ls comment about a shorter life for this car, I hope thats not true. Although its good to see new models, part of what makes Lambos flagship models special is that they are launched so infrequently. And the Diablo and Murcielago looked up to date throughout their long lifespan, and were updated internally to keep them ahead of the competition. I hope Lambo continue with this tradition rather than launching replacements all the time.

Old 11-07-2010 | 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously I'm only guessing here but considering the seemingly very long developement process for this car I don't think they will replace it with a completely new model once it's time for an update. I think they'll do what they did with the Murci and give it a facelift along with some technical updates.

Looking at Ferrari it seems nowadays they have completely stopped facelifting their cars. The 355/360/430 were never facelifted but the predecessors to the 599 Fiorano used to get facelifts: Maranello (550/575) and the Testarossa (Testarossa/512TR/512M). With the 599 however they only released an HGTE package but no interior or exterior updates.

I would think the facelift concept makes more sense from a financial POV since it usually features a lot less new parts and design than a completely new model. And knowing that Lambo has had a couple of rough years lately only strengthens my assumption that this car will be facelifted too rather than replaced by an entirely new model.

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4