Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Murcielago Successor New Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Camo'd rear kinda reminds me of the XJ220

Old 05-05-2010, 02:37 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I will just say..think of the 2001 6.0 Diablo, the LP670-4SV and new CF technolgy combined...

I can say this will be Lamborghini's "last" shot at staying in business...if this car does not make some leeps and bounds//IMO I dont expect to see Lamborghini name plate around much past 2012.
This is definitely something no one wants to hear, but it is a sour truth. Lamborghini position is not so good now, at many major markets sales continue to fall hard, while other exotic and luxury marques like Bentley, Ferrari, Maserati, even Aston started stable upwards trend in sales all around the world.

Competition is moving forward at a very fast pace, this car will be the first next generation Lamborghini, there are a lot of funds invested in R&D, so it must be successful to make our beloved marque staying well. I dare to say that it will be amazing and mainly because Lamborghini put all their knowledge within this car and they are really putting high hopes on it. But we need to wait and see how market accepts it.

With all that said, I just hope with passion it will be amazing, it has all the right ingridients to be amazing, and successful.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Looking foward to it

Old 05-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
If had the money I would buy a Lambo just to make sure they stay in business. The world needs Lambo!

Old 05-05-2010, 06:03 AM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Top speed is also likely to be very impressive despite focusing on acceleration and handling. I guess that Lamborghini is really trying its best to create a real stunner and I am sure it will find buyers. Then we can hope for not less great G-successor.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
I really do hope that this is just a mule, it looks at the moment like a cross between the Murcielago, XJ220 and the Cizeta V16.

Lamborghini's have always grabbed me by the nuts and squeezed em hard but this does nothing of the sort. If Lamborghini is in danger of going under and the "Jota" looks like this then we will be waving farewell to the greatest supercars ever.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Top speed is also likely to be very impressive despite focusing on acceleration and handling. I guess that Lamborghini is really trying its best to create a real stunner and I am sure it will find buyers. Then we can hope for not less great G-successor.
I dont think you will see a G successor or talk of it till at least 2012 and then ONLY if the numbers are up for the Flagship replacement car. The truth of the Lamborghini history is it went a different direction then Audi planned when it purchased the company in 1999.

The purchase was strictly business plan, to obtain propritery R and D info to increase the super car brand of Audi, (i.e. the r-8 and r-10GT cars now). The loss it had anticipated with the Lambo line was an acceptable trade off for this information and developement for the long run.

Audi NEVER expected to make money off of the Lambo cars tha it was basicaly testing world wide to get to where they are now with the R-8 cars etc..but when the company made it into the Black it was allowed to continue, while STILL passing the R and D onto Audi for the future.

The a few bad things happen in sucession, starting off with the 62% loss of their market share, the USA going to almost zip...sales down over 70% and still down over 56% for this first quarter. VW buys Porsche, another mass produced market as the Audi cars that it can share info with learned from Lambo.

Multiple long time factory employee's from Lambo reach mandated 40 year retirement from the Italian Goverment..and are still paid retirement fee's till death by law. The return of a dollar invested is wiped away by the de-valuation of years earlier invested money by todays dollar and other countries, including the Euro value.

Cost to get the car to market is increased dramaticaly with both goverment requirments, transportaion fuel costs, legal fee's for mounting law suits, strict lemon law buy backs as well as new rules of maintaining back up stock of parts for 10 year warranty replacement costs...mostly fueled by the USA DOT new laws.

The mandaited "green" requirments from the USA..harshes in the world with almost un-obtainable MPG requirements in the near future. Add to this the dropping of available financing for cars of this cost along with the increased departure of accepteable insurance to be obtained for these type cars in the USA. The new price tags of over $500K wipe out multiple pockets of possible buyers as the price reaches other marques of this value.

Last nail is the dropping of Dealerships nationwide that can not survive on the sale of just this one marque...but are forced to maintain a seperate showroom, location and or service Dept due to the Dealer agreements. It also does not help that the USA market is now the "step-child" that recieves its new model cars last in line...the first cars go to other areas that are more profitabloe and have a greater return on the product.

It is a fact of business...if you can not sustain your products profability in an area..you remove yourself from that territory and concentrate on the areas of your strength, you pull back to a smaller base of profability.

IMO, as a business owner and watching the signs of this direction by Lamborghini..if they CAN NOT get the USA to become a profitable market share quickly..then just as in 2000 they will not import or operate here..and if the slide continues..Audi/VW will look and say.."thanks for all the R and D, thanks for the tax write off's", but it is time to answer to our share holders and produce these "super" cars in our profitable facilitys and not compete against ourself's.

The last 6 months many USA cars produced by Lamborghini, including the NEW LP670-4SV have left USA soil and re-sold over seas. Even at other countrys costs, it is still better to buy here and transport overseas in a lot of cases, a sign of WHERE the money and profatabilty is.

If Lambo goes bye bye, JUST in the USA..then there is no question cars that are currently in USA..old school and new school will climb in vlaue rapidly. But as with other marques that have left the USA in the past, Fiat, Masarati, etc etc...a new sub-culture and value rating system for these cars will emerge.
The success of this new car is very very critical and the "last stand" IMO.

We can only wait and see...IMO the decision time will be made with in 6 months of the NEW flagships car release to the USA market, December 2011.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Reading through Roy's post above he makes a lot of sense, obviously his position as a retailer of high end cars gives him a greater insight than most.

It would indeed be a sad day if Lamborghini withdrew from the US market but there is a precedent for this as it has happened in the past. The current global economic problems are only compounding the situation.

I think Audi will hold onto Lamborghini as long as possible but ultimately if they have to let go they will. Will this mean a return to the dark days? Only time will tell.

Thanks for a thoughtful post Roy, we will wait and see what happens with the "Jota".

Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a lot for that post Roy, I wasn't aware of many of those things. Let's just cross our fingers and pray to god Lambo will outdo themselves with this car.
And if not, at least we can comfort ourselves with the fact that the Lambo genes will still survive through the coming Audi supercar models.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Roy, no matter how sour it is to hear for everyone who loves Lamborghini. I have same fears about Lamborghini future and it hurts to see sales results especially Q1 of this year. I suppose that if the Murcielago successor is so important for Lamborghini, they will really try the best possible ways to make it brilliant making buyer starting to want one, I am really putting high hopes on this car. I hope our fears are wrong and everything will be fine with Lamborghini, and we will see not only Murcie successor, but other next generation supercars from the marque we all love and respect.

On a positive note I would like to share official information - visiting of production lines inside the L-factory during factory tours is cancelled from 07.05.2010 till 01.03.2011. Retooling of production lines will take place during this period of time. Murcielago successor developement is going in full speed ahead.

Quick Reply: Murcielago Successor New Spy Shots