Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini's new 2011 V12 continues testing from CAR

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Lamborghini's new 2011 V12 continues testing from CAR

"These are the latest spy photos of the new Lamborghini V12 – the 2011 successor to the testosterone-fuelled Murcielago. All being well, we should see the new Lambo V12 at the Geneva motor show in spring 2011.

Although slightly grainy, these are CAR's clearest spy shots yet of the new, unnamed Lamborghini supercar. The classic wedge shape, that's characterised Lambos since the 1973 Countach, is intact and the rear deck appears even more sloping today in a homage to the classical teardrop shape.

Big air scoops, too. Is the new Lambo mid-engined, V12 etc etc?
Spot on. The V12 – expected to be equipped with direct injection now – is again mounted amidships, and the plethora of cooling vents peppering the bodywork suggests it's a big lump with a hungry appetite for oxygen. And the second, rear spy photo shows off the mother of all central exhaust pipes.

At the front we can see more clearly the Reventon-inspired front end, with large angular air intakes dominating the visage. We're assured the scissor doors remain.

Sounds just like a Murcielago. What's new?
The tech underneath the equally dramatic bodywork. We recently asked CEO Stephan Winkelmann what to expect from the new V12 and he refused point blank to comment. 'We never talk about the future,' he dithered. 'The point is, we sell emotions. If we talk about what might happen, they might wait. And that’s not good.'

It's a fair point after a year when Lamborghini sales slumped by 37% to 1515 cars. Lamborghini is banking on a slow recovery but its pledge to launch a new model or derivative every year will help.

So will Lamborghini's mission to add lightness to its cars. The new Murcielago replacement is going to be crafted almost exclusively from composites, with a plastic tub instead of a steel spaceframe. Today's car already uses carbonfibre bodywork – and the entire shell weighs just 303kg.

Engineers in Sant'Agata are working alongside staff from Boeing, who have developed the world's first commercial aircraft – the Type 787 Dreamliner – to use composites for more than 50% of its construction. This helps it use a fifth less fuel, reports Boeing."

Source - CarMagazine

Old 04-30-2010, 04:36 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Talks are that we can really expect some major news about Murcielago successor in June. Specs of the car really are very impressive, brand new V12 engine good for about 700 hp is confirmed, advanced CF chassis is coming as well, active aero and all-new interior will be very impressive. This will be the first next generation Lambo to be launched. Roadster version is also to come in about year time from coupe launch. But the most interesting is a lightweight version which is also in the works to compete with Enzo successor, talks are that it could feature bare CF body as an option, we can expect this car to be presented in 2012.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
canyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enough
what size engine will it be? 6.0 V12 or 7.0 V12?

Old 04-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
Cant wait. Love what we're hearing so far!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I am struggling to contain my excitement!! Cannot wait for this to be released. However I am not getting my hopes to high in the looks department, because to make it look better than the SV will be very very hard.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:04 PM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
You will be surprised with its looks in a good way. Performance will not disappoint as well. Some dealers already started to inform good customers about this car coming. I understand that they are in hurry to launch it at Paris auto show, also it is quite possible that some preview or media information can take place in June. I am very excited about this car as well and looking forward to it.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
barchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond reputebarchetta7550 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
You will be surprised with its looks in a good way. Performance will not disappoint as well. Some dealers already started to inform good customers about this car coming. I understand that they are in hurry to launch it at Paris auto show, also it is quite possible that some preview or media information can take place in June. I am very excited about this car as well and looking forward to it.
have you seen it?

Old 05-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by D55L
Talks are that we can really expect some major news about Murcielago successor in June. Specs of the car really are very impressive, brand new V12 engine good for about 700 hp is confirmed, advanced CF chassis is coming as well, active aero and all-new interior will be very impressive. This will be the first next generation Lambo to be launched. Roadster version is also to come in about year time from coupe launch. But the most interesting is a lightweight version which is also in the works to compete with Enzo successor, talks are that it could feature bare CF body as an option, we can expect this car to be presented in 2012.
That would be quite something.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
j09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to all
Already put deposit on No.1 car in my country a few weeks ago. Dealer dont have any more information than we do. I am expecting pre-launch info from dealers.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:13 AM
^^^ Congrats. It would be great if you share the information from your dealer when you will get it. I know that there will be special meetings for Lambo dealers in May where dealers will get some information about this car. I hope to get some sure facts by that time also, also we have some rock-solid Lambo guys here with all latest information. For this moment no one got to see the final production outside from the working team at L-factory, but I was told that I will not be disappointed with the body design.

Speaking about lighter version, it was rumored in the press as Urus some months ago and it is not just speculation from press, there is a truth behind it. More information about this car will be after the Murcie successor launch. Now their main target is to get Murcie successor into production as fast as possible. Second thing I am not sure about is a Roadster version, I hope it will come some time after coupe and will feature CF hardtop finally.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini's new 2011 V12 continues testing from CAR