Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Tried the LP570-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Tried the LP570-4

Excuse my wife's iphone video:

YouTube - LP570-4 superleggera

Definately feels tauter and has quick accurate steering, no hint of understeer on fast roads (in fact a fairly playful rear end), they've fixed the grabbiness of the carbon ceramic brakes, and I didn't find it overly stiff or uncomfortable on broken surfaces.

However, the steering could do with a lot more feel, and for me the new bucket seats were extremely uncomfortable, lacking support in the small of your back. I'm 6'1" and there is no way I could drive the car on track with a helmet on - my head is almost brushing the ceiling as it is. My wife at 5'8" though found the driver's seat perfect but for some reason the passenger seat got her back aching also - we think it is mounted slightly higher than the driver seat but not sure.

Overall, it looks gorgeous but as I felt when I saw it at the factory in January, not really enough of a difference to the already-excellent standard car IMO. And after having driven the Balboni with its much better steering, whilst the SL is undoutedly going to be quicker on a track, I'd rather have a Balboni or better still an LP550-2, a lightly-used Scuderia and a ton of change (or 590-2 if they ever make it).

Old 04-27-2010, 08:06 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
That is the major theme now with new SL - very good car, but not that much better than LP560-4.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
^ Yeah that seems to be the general concencous. Balboni is better, not much better than LP560-4 and not as good as the 458. Thanks for sharing your opinion with us Oh yeah, how is the SV going?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The problem is most guys are find the lambos to be more fun with rwd, however even the rwd cars are not as good as the equivilent fezza. What is lambos place in the market if its not the brashest supercar for the average driver?