Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Number 4000 - Murcielago

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TommyJames
SV production will continue until about April when all 350 are built. All colors are specified as they are within the four month build cycle.
Are thay really going to build all 350 or just the cars that were ordered?

Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Information updated - the will be no MY11 SV, production will continue.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Erny is on a distinguished roadErny is on a distinguished road
i hope they build all 350

and then we see the murcielago successor! Yeeehha
(or the Murcielago LP675-2 GT)

mfg Bernhard

Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
Total production will be 351 I believe. They also count car 000/350 I understand all were 2010 model year.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
Of the 351, the number of SVs that will come to the US will still be rather low.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 AM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
No more special versions of Murcielago, in June V12 production line will be closed for some months long retooling. And then successor will arrive.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Tommy and DL55 are correct. I will attempt to explain it here in easy terms.

The date (year) a car gets for its production, runs from May 1st thill April 30th of the previous year to year built.

Example, a car built on May 2, 2009 can be listed as a 2010, but a car built on May 2nd 2010 is a 2011 car. So you have "early" cars, such as my car #12 SV that ws started 3rd week in May 2009 and listed as a 2010 as well as my Blue Montery car (late) #125 built in Januray of 2010.

For the V-12 cars, Lambo advised all dealers ther would be significant drop in 2010 production LP640 cars as they were using the line to produced the LP670-4, there would only be 2010 LP640 cars by order only.

As of late April 2010 the line is shut down to gear up for the sucessor, which depending on estimates, the line may be ready as early as January/Feb 2011. So cars built in Jan/Feb/March/April will be LATE 2011 cars. However it is widely believed that these so called "late" but first produced succesor cars will all go to other countries other than the USA as the money is stronger all over other markets than the USA currently. Hence the talk that there will be NO 2011 cars to the USA, which I believe will happen...just the old law of supply/demand and sell your product to the location of best profit.

So, lets step back a little and look at this. The V-12 car, SV or LP640, takes approx 3 months from order/selection build date to be completed. SO in order to have the line empty they had to have all cars positioned by approx the first week of February 2010.

You also need to now that prior to the car ever coming to the main production line in the factory for final assembly, its last stop as a main body is the paint shop approx 30 miles from the factory. So again, colors have all but already been completed. Basicaly cars still in the wings waiting to be put together.

Up until the christmas break for the factory, December 14, 2009 approx 310 plus SV cars had already been spoken for, mostly by customer order, a few Dealer floor order or factory demo cars. Up on return after Christams Break the factory advised Dealers again, espically USA of the "no build" time frame. Of course multiple Dealers do not want to floor a $450K plus car in these economic times, espically USA.

As the factory ALREADY has all 350 plus 000 car, for a total of 351 frames, bodys, engines ready to go it only makes sense to "hurry" up the close and end of the line. For this reason, according to my direct sources, Factory provided the last 40 cars or so with their specs, as to colors, wings, stickers options etc etc...ALL were optioned with E-gear.

Of these approx 40 cars, most were designated for the Euro and other area markets. Having to honor their USA Dealer required agreements per contracts, they were required to offer at leat ONE production car per licensed francise Dealer. ( I do not know the laws for the other country Dealers).

As of mid January 2010, ONLY Dealers that had ordered a SV for a client had revieved one, several Dealers never had one or ordered one. Yet the factory is still required to produce enough cars to match the one to one ratio. There is no requirment to provide EACH Dealer with one, just the ratio. The production at the time was 21 USA cars, 7 short of the required ration along with another required (by pct base OR MINIMUM of DOT rules) 6 other cars for Lemon Law availabilty buy back Federal Law.

With this news, several Dealers, quickly purchased these last SV cars for the USA. That is why in the last week or so you have seen about 5 SV cars "pop" up in the USA for sale. Theer were also some last minute placed orders as Dealers contacted their best customers and made aware of the fact here will be NO V12 cars to USA for all of the remaining 2010 and early 2011, approx 16 months. SO if you want one, you better get it now.

This final push, so to call it, has led to an ending number for the USA of give or take a few, (as the specs and vin destination can be changed at the last moment while the car is on the production line...to a point) of 41 USA SV cars.

In short the cars are all built, all the colors are in place and a few others are on their way to the USA. As of late, Dealer supplied cars included a Black one, a Yellow one, a Matte yellow one, a Matte white one as well as a standard white one. I know of also one battleship grey car arriving shortly, that was a this month cutomer order car as well as a pearl orange one.

The USA market will still have only approx 10% of the enitre 351 run designed for USA, but with a known 6 of these USA cars shipped to other areas other than USA soil, the actual cars to hit the streets of the USA are well under 10% of the total run.

I consider myself as well as other USA SV owners to be darn lucky to have one of these fine machines. I have been saying for some time now this would happen, but few have taken it to heart...there WILL BE no flagship cars, new to be built or had for the USA market till well into May of 2011. Those cars will be early 2012 production vehicles. So if you wait and do get the new replacement, that is of course if you want the newer type car...the jury is still out on that...in line production delivery cars..you will get your new 2012 USA car approx July/Auguat 2012.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Great work to clarify this all Roy. Thanks a lot. I guess no one could do that better.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Consistant with what I'm hearing.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Erny is on a distinguished roadErny is on a distinguished road
10.000 Gallardo!!!
Congratulations Lamborghini

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Number 4000 - Murcielago