Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Police Won't Return Gallardo to Owner After Mechanic Caught Speeding

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Donnu nothing about Australian law but does not sound legal to me.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Justice! He deserves to have his car impounded for having 2004-style wheels on his '06.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Justice! He deserves to have his car impounded for having 2004-style wheels on his '06.
LOLz

That sucks though!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
"Under Western Australia's anti-hoon laws"

At first I thought it said "anti-poon", and I was thinking that would suck worse than having your gallardo impounded....

Old 01-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
CoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to behold
Unfortunately down here in Perth dems the brakes... The minister has his point I suppose, however I do strongly disagree with what they've done and what they're doing in WA (Western Australia). In my opinion it should've been the mechanic's car that was impounded for 28 days! I appreciate that the mechanic wasn't driving his own car at the time, but I think taking his car and NOT the Lambo would've be an appropriate course of action!

Why make the owner pay for someone elses poor actions???

Now I live in Perth and the owner of the Gallardo is a friend of mine and this is actually his daily driver... He has no other car to use for work!

As you can imagine the owner's pissed, with that said I asked him if there's been any progress into getting it back and I was told he's counting down the 28 days

I suppose this is what happens when you don't take it to the actual Lamborghini dealership to be serviced!

Here's a few pictures of the car in the wild, before it was grabbed.

Cheers,
Josh

Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info, Josh. Also I was wondering is this car a US spec car? Noticed the amber side marker...

Old 01-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
CoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to beholdCoconutPhotography is a splendid one to behold
No worries Blake, I feel special knowing I'm in the source for the info hehe :P

Also, it's an Aussie spec I'm pretty sure, every G that I've seen in Perth has had the orange side marker, except for the LP560 & Superleggera.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Thats Bull$hit - I would be driving the Mechanics car around for 28 days while my Gallardo was impounded - Or hit him up for the rental on Gallardo for 28 days!!

Old 01-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
"The minister has his point I suppose"

Yeah, his point is that he is slavishly devoted to the letter of the law instead of the intent, even if it hurts someone else. Used to pass off individual thought, action and responsibility. I think its called the nuremberg defense.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
What are they gonna do? The Australian subjects have been disarmed, er, "buyback," sorry.

Quick Reply: Police Won't Return Gallardo to Owner After Mechanic Caught Speeding