Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Air Intake Vents on the LP640

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009 | 12:50 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Air Intake Vents on the LP640

Hi guys, I picked up my LP640 yesterday, on the ride home I noticed the driver side rear intake was kind flapping a little at highway speed (in the down position) I never saw it rise at all the entire tip home (about 65 miles). So when I got home I pressed the button to make them rise manually, but when I started driving the driver side when down instantly and the passengers side stayed up. Now I still have to flip through the owners handbook to see how these intakes are supposed to work, but the biggest problem I have now is the passenger one will not go down at all.. like it is stuck open. Has anyone else had this problem? Or have a fix for this... Thanks.

Old 12-12-2009 | 01:06 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jpcourt
Hi guys, I picked up my LP640 yesterday, on the ride home I noticed the driver side rear intake was kind flapping a little at highway speed (in the down position) I never saw it rise at all the entire tip home (about 65 miles). So when I got home I pressed the button to make them rise manually, but when I started driving the driver side when down instantly and the passengers side stayed up. Now I still have to flip through the owners handbook to see how these intakes are supposed to work, but the biggest problem I have now is the passenger one will not go down at all.. like it is stuck open. Has anyone else had this problem? Or have a fix for this... Thanks.
You should probably just junk the car.

Call up MMC and tell them this is BS!

Old 12-12-2009 | 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
The "wings" have two brakets that are run by a motor to raise and lower.
When they are down they rest on two little ruber knos, mainly for alingment. More than likely, happens, the drivers side bracket is broke, (one of them) that is why it was flaping around. I have seen this before on new cars, in shipment someone leans real hard on the wing and breaks the braket.

Then when you hit the up button, the drivers side motor keeps trying to go up...but with no resitance, I bet it has now blown the fuse so the remaining wing will not go down, should be an easy fix under warranty.

FYI, the wings go up 2 ways..

1) Auto when the car operating temp reachs 90C, regardless of speed. This is to allow more air into the radiators for cooling.

2) Manualy, by pushing the button. But they will only go up and stay up if car speed is under 12MPH, (unless the temp is over 90C). You would mainly use this for standing in sto and go traffic that is warm and you are operating the AC as well..if they are up and the car is not at 90C, as soon as you reach approx 12MPH they will come down automaticaly.

Or as most do, just cause it looks cool as you are slowly crusing...

Old 12-13-2009 | 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
that sucks sorry to hear that on a brand new car!!

Old 12-13-2009 | 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
COngrats on the car. But that is sh*t. Just take it to a dealer...

Old 12-14-2009 | 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jpegs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like " Dealer Prep" didn't happen. That's part of the checklist. Call the dealer ASAP

Old 12-14-2009 | 05:20 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
As Roy stated, should be an easy fix. Congrats on the car, lets see some pics!

Old 12-15-2009 | 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
Sorry to hear about the problem. They warn that that these are side effects. If this intake erection last more than three days please call MMC.

Old 12-21-2009 | 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
mujibyrose is an unknown quantity at this point
Premier4509 is a prestigious Japanese tuner which specializes in high-end body kits for exotic cars such as Bentley or Lamborghini.

The latest project by them is actually a replica of the Lamborghini LP670-4 SV, which can be implemented on your LP640! Now this is a bit odd really, because those who can afford a LP640, for sure can afford the SV if they want to! And these people are not particularly fans of “Replica” things!

Premier4509 turns Lamborghini LP640 into a SV! SV 4509 Lp640

Premier actually made new bumpers for the 640 exactly like those on the SV. Of course if you have not seen the 640, then you wouldn’t care about it! But the SV is 110 percent cooler. It features a big totally blacked-out air intake plus ducts on each side. With some other changes like carbon side skirts and air vents and a rear wing, tour 640 is turned into a SV. Cheers!Premier4509 is a prestigious Japanese tuner which specializes in high-end body kits for exotic cars such as Bentley or Lamborghini.

The latest project by them is actually a replica of the Lamborghini LP670-4 SV, which can be implemented on your LP640! Now this is a bit odd really, because those who can afford a LP640, for sure can afford the SV if they want to! And these people are not particularly fans of “Replica” things!

Premier actually made new bumpers for the 640 exactly like those on the SV. Of course if you have not seen the 640, then you wouldn’t care about it! But the SV is 110 percent cooler. It features a big totally blacked-out air intake plus ducts on each side. With some other changes like carbon side skirts and air vents and a rear wing, tour 640 is turned into a SV. Cheers!
__________________________________________________ ____
Chevrolet Turbo
chicago wedding limo

Old 12-21-2009 | 08:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Captain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond repute
that problem happens with almost everyone i know that owns an lp it also happened to my in-law's reventon

Quick Reply: Air Intake Vents on the LP640