Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Pic of Reventon Roadster roof construction

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:35 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Pic of Reventon Roadster roof construction

It is same old soft removable top as on every Murciealgo and Murcielago LP640 Roadster from the launch. It is awful that for more than €1M the car is equipped with the same old fugly roof construction, it is just a shame. I so hopped that Lambo will show us some great removable top made from CF on Reventon Roadster and now I have no words for disappointment, the only reason may be it is just a roof for the delivery transportation.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
The Murcielago Roadster is one of the biggest car fails of the decade. Right behind the Reventon itself.

*flame suit on*

Old 12-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
That is a shame. But i do know of a company in Perth, Australia that makes hard top removable roofs for the Murcielago Roadster.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:55 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
The Murcielago Roadster is one of the biggest "super"car fails of the decade. Right behind the Reventon itself.

*flame suit on*
+1!

Old 12-01-2009, 05:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Lol, that's why we haven't seen any of it untill now. Understandably Lambo has been trying to hide this

Old 12-01-2009, 07:38 AM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
The Murcielago Roadster is one of the biggest car fails of the decade. Right behind the Reventon itself.
Let me disagree with you, the Murcielago Roadster, especially in LP640 form was great supercar together with its only competitor Zonda Roadster. The Reventon would be perfect with its specs, but the CF removable top panel was a must.

But the removable roof construction is an epic fail, I really see no reason why Lambo decided to make this roof so fugly and so not practical, why not to spend some more money and to make CF removable panel which will give the Roadster perfect usability and perfect looks with top up.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
640 Roadster was a fine car, but the roof was still a load of crap. If the Zonda Roadster competes with the 640 Roadster, then I would also say the CGT does (despite being used).
And I meant the Reventon itself is a fail because it's basically a 640 with a kit for 3x the price. I think it's inferior to the 670, even. Sure it looks okay, and I love the gauges, but hardly worth the dough. Exclusivity at it's finest, I guess.

Strebo - you are right on the SUPERcar part.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Reventon, both coupe and roadster, are the Lambo concept studies paid by customers, the way to get some cash in while developing future models. I just love the way Reventon looks and the way it is styled, but I do not like the whole idea of regular LP tech inside for such enormous price. If the project Urus is true it will be absolutely different theme, the way I would like to see it - über-exclusive in all dimensions.

The LP640 Roadster and Zonda Roadster are very different in all dimensions, but they are in the niche of their own, that was mentioned also in their comparison test by EVO magazine some years ago. Imo CGT competes with Enzo, Zonda F, SV and so on, but not with the roadsters.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
EVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeEVS Motors Inc. has a reputation beyond repute
I only view it as a failure if it did not do well financially for the company. In regards to the Reventon a failure, no way. Every single car was sold out. I don't think Lamborghini has issues selling Murcie Roadsters as well.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ Really? I heard otherwise. The SV cars aren't even sold out.

Quick Reply: Pic of Reventon Roadster roof construction