Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Murciélago LP670-4 SV Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
so what was the actual top speed achieved?

Old 04-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hg_wng
I dont know what top speed his car as ever achieved..on this closed course, and not trying for a top speed..as the runway was way to short..I would say he hit 145-155

I do know these SV cars will hit numbers over 215KMPH for sure, as I have done that in my small wing #12 SV car last year on GPS at 221mph...closed location of course.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I dont know what top speed his car as ever achieved..on this closed course, and not trying for a top speed..as the runway was way to short..I would say he hit 145-155

I do know these SV cars will hit numbers over 215KMPH for sure, as I have done that in my small wing #12 SV car last year on GPS at 221mph...closed location of course.
Of course... and how was the stability at those speeds?

Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
trax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond reputetrax has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hg_wng
203 = 193 on the laser trap

I could have got to 200 easily that day, but someone wrecked their Porsche when their brakes failed at >200 and it kind off put me off having another go

Old 04-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Of course... and how was the stability at those speeds?
Very very good..they say the BIG wings give a bit more donw force, but slower at top speed..I was in just a plain straight line so ther was no issue with curves..but it was still a bit scary..anything is over 200MPH..

At least it did not start "floating" on the front end like the F car Scuds do at about 175MPH..there was no confidence at all after the 170-175MPH mark in the Scud when I took it near there..I would have serious second thoughts of attempting 200MPH in the Scud..that's if it could even get there..which I dont think it could in real life road conditions..maybe 195MPH tops..and would not be as stable or controlled as the SV..that I am confident on.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by trax
203 = 193 on the laser trap

I could have got to 200 easily that day, but someone wrecked their Porsche when their brakes failed at >200 and it kind off put me off having another go
Correct, on most all Lambos..off by about 8% unless you verify with GPS

at speeds over 150mph drops to about a 6% in-accuracey

Old 04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Well time for a little mid-week rant and rave..as I see it.

The L car WAS never designed to be a "track" car. It was designed from day one to be, by the Father of Lamborghini, a "step above" the Ferrari. It was made to be for the people of means that wanted a GREAT road going GT touring car with all the comfort and performance a car should have for the wide open roads of the European countryside. It was made to perfrom better for the Gentleman driver, that he could take one of his many Girldfriends from Rome to the South of France in comfort, safety and reliable performance while still being able to carry your weekend luggage in the same car. The L owners that wanted to "Race" their cars had the means and the ability to purchase true "race" cars, such as the Wolf Countach cars,the SV-R, GT-R, RG-T and of late the Super Tufero cars..these cars were "Designed" for the track and performed as they should, on a track and not on a open "public roadway".

The F car, from the begining had no heart for the "road driver" it was only built to help Enzo finance his passion for the "Track"..with little concern for comfort and long drives cross country in reliable fashion or style..it was put together to feed on the "masses" that wished to be Mario Speed racer every 4th Sunday of their life..and the money rolled in, allowing him to further his "Race" records..from cars that were "designed" for the track.

These two basic "Different" thoughts of building a car for the public still live today. And as in all things in life gives us choices and options.

You can purchase a top notch road gong car for style, comfort, reliabilty. Throw your bags in the trunk and drive from Seattle to Daytona Speedway in Florida, park your car, get out with no back pain or kidneys jolted to pebbles..climb in your "TRUE" race car and have a blast on the track all day..

OR you can get in your semi-built "race inspired" F car, drive from Seattle to Daytona Speedway and arrive late due to the multiple stops you need to make to give your back, knees, ears and kidneys a break from the constant dis-comfort ride. Then take your F car on the track, pretend to be a F-1 driver for the day..at the end..have it flatbeded back to the F shop/Service center for it's mandatory mileage service..which you pay dearly for and will be OK with..after all, you can tell everyone you lapped a Lamborghini on the track...of course this conversation will be carried at the height of 35,000 feet in the air, as you "Fly" back from Florida to Seattle, as there would be NO WAY you would ever put your body through the pounding it took on the way down...not to mention your girlfriend exited the car halfway down on the trip with her one pair of shoes and panties(all that could fit in the F car) and told you that you are "NUTS" if you think she is going all the way in the cramped rattle bucket causing her "implants" to bounce up and down, break and leak out.

OK..let the flaming begin LOL LOL

Old 04-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
N. Al Thani SV

Attached Images           
Old 04-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
one more

Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Uh...what? I drove my Scuderia on that trip to Maryhill last year which was not a short trip by any means and I actually found it quite comfortable much to my surprise. But admittedly between my F car and my P car, I'll choose the latter. The P car is unparalleled IMHO when it comes to long distance trips. There's a reason why P cars are highly desired for that purpose.

Now let the flaming continue.

Quick Reply: Murciélago LP670-4 SV Picture Thread