Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Spyshots: Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Spyshots: Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement

Just found an article about the new upcoming Lambo:

It looks like Lamborghini engineers are starting to look past the aging Murcielago platform and into the replacement for the supercar. These spyshots are supposed to show the early stages of development for the flagship raging bull. They were captured on the Nurburgring during what appears to be a series of tests to monitor the balance of the mules wheel forces.

The car is rumored to remain AWD with a central engine position. Forced to reduce it’s emissions, it’s likely that Lamborghini will use direct injection technology in order to keep the V12 for their flagship model. The biggest yard stick to measure the performance to expect is the newly revealed LP670-4 SV. 670bhp would be a realistic figure to couple with a dual clutch transmission.

According to MotorAuthority.com, the metal covers on the cars wheels are RoaDyn torque sensors which measure the different forces and torque levels exerted on a specific wheels at different speeds. This aims at fine tuning the cars handling and electronic safeguards to provide an involving and reactive drive.

Other features to look out for are the reduction of the front and rear overhangs. Whilst the replacement car will keep roughly the same wheel base length, the front and rear overhangs will be reduced leaving the car looking shorter than the outgoing Murcielago.

Early 2012 is the current predicted time for the Murcielago replacement to be released making the LP670-4 SV one of the last of the Murcielago line-up.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
I am sure that next Lamborghini flagship will be amazing. People who was at factory already spotted something absolutely next generation there, as well as brand new CF tub. But only thing I expect is that Murcie replacement will come i little bit earlier, 350 SV and 50 LP650-4 Roadster are not 2,5 years production run, of course there can be some more projects as rumored Reventon Roadster for example, but still it is not enough for such a long period.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
I am sure that next Lamborghini flagship will be amazing. People who was at factory already spotted something absolutely next generation there, as well as brand new CF tub. But only thing I expect is that Murcie replacement will come i little bit earlier, 350 SV and 50 LP650-4 Roadster are not 2,5 years production run, of course there can be some more projects as rumored Reventon Roadster for example, but still it is not enough for such a long period.
Actually it is. As with all rumors, I have heard some as well..in relation to this..

The LP670-4 and the LP650-4 will be the end of the Murcie as we know it. (total 0f 350 and 50 made) The line will close down for re-tooling for the next generation of the Murcie...in that time the Gallardo will still be produced to keep "cash flow" coming in during the transition.

Not planed, but worked out pretty good as the demand is down for NEW cars worldwide due to the economey, so great time to have less production while ramping up for the next great product.

With todays market 400 cars for 2 years is about right.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm really surprised Lambo is building more SVs than Roadsters. That doesn't computer with me for some reason.

Anyway, I hope they leave those wheels on for the next production car!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Reventon roadster?

Old 06-03-2009, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
making the driving experience involving and reactive? ummm what does that second part mean?

i like the idea of same long wheelbase + less overhang...

and yeah, those wheel covers are hot! remove the torque sensors but keep the aesthetics!!

Old 06-03-2009, 05:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Well the LP670-4 SV and LP650-4 Roadster alone will not be enough for the coming 2,5 years untill the next generation is released. Stefan Winkelmann has told us several times in interviews that his strategy is to bring out at least 1 new model every year to keep the brand fresh and interesting.
What I expect to be released maybe this year in time for the IAA and if not there then definitely next year is the LP560 Superleggera. LP560's with giant spoilers have already been spotted at the factory so it shouldn't be long now.
About the Reventon Roadster, I hope they won't do it. People have realised it's just an LP640 with different looks and a 3 times higher pricetag. They should be happy they managed to sell the 20 normal Reventons.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:34 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
All Reventons were sold for the factory at the moment of its launch back in September 2007, all cars that appeared for sale now are flippers and some car dealerships trying to get rid of cars they had bought dreaming to make enormous profit. But for the factory all Reventons are sold.

I would love to see Reventon Roadster, I am sure that it will be even more amazing supercar than "ordinary" Reventon. As I told before, this car is absolutely useless, overpriced, but so awesome.