Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Would you get a Lambo G or something else for $100k?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I love the Lambo and would have a hard time choosing myself. Prices are so damn good right now. It is sooooo tempting to pull the trigger on an Italian. But here are just a few things to consider.

In all honesty, a properly modified 997TT will kick the crap out of a stock Gallardo. I have never been pulled by one and have smoked countless Gallardos. In fact, I have kept pretty close to the LP640s on many of my high speed runs and at the track. Also, the 997TT has a bullet proof engine and gear box, repairs are less expensive and don't take three months, and service is reasonable as well.

You do lose that "WOW" factor with the Porsche. People are just too conditioned to seeing 911s everywhere and are not savy enough to know the difference between a standard Carrerra and a GT2. I love a car that gets attention. You won't get that as much with the Porsche. Also, the Lambo sounds GREAT! I don't think I have even heard a modified 997TT that sounds as good as a stock Gallardo.

I love Italian cars and have been tempted myself to get into a Gallardo now that prices have dropped so significantly. But the 997TT is a faster and more reliable option.

Just keep this in mind:

Just kidding with the pic. Doesn't sound like you can go wrong with any of the options you have cited. What an exciting dilemma!!
Never thought I would say that, but I 100% agree with what Dana said.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
If 6speed is so important then the CLK BS is out of the picture. I would love a G, but an R8 would be nice too. If you find a good G, that's been taken care of well, I would go with the G.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:04 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the input. I completely forgot the BS was not a manual. I still want to go for a ride in it though.

I registered at Lambo Power which I think is the first step to recovery (or one step closer to full addiction). I'm going to try to read as much as possible on it. The Balloon White one makes me ->

Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i would go with the lambo, that will prob be my first real somewhat exotic.

the only thing that hurts my brain is that the 08 viper deals are 65k and under...and they come with 600hp and i'd still have 35k to put into other things...

Old 02-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL
I registered at Lambo Power which I think is the first step to recovery (or one step closer to full addiction). I'm going to try to read as much as possible on it. The Balloon White one makes me ->
I've been on there a little lately, it's not as busy as you'd think, though going back through the last 50 pages for the Gallardo was interesting.

I actually was really frustrated - i joined late last year and i couldn't remember my password. To get your password back there is a capture phrase you must enter, which because of the color of the page (black) and the text (black) you can't see anything! Even though i tried about 8 times and know i typed it correctly it then didn't send me my password so i just created a new account a couple of weeks ago.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I have witnessed first hand some TT RWD Gallardos and they are INSANE. But I have absolutely crushed stock Gallardos on several occasions. My BBI Turbo is running a tad over 600 hp and I hold my own against most LP640s. Check out the video below. This is me against an LP640 (exhaust and chip put it just over 700 hp) and a Protomotive Turbo (running at nearly 800 hp). Note how the black Proto Turbo crushes us both! That black Turbo is owned by TS member AAHT. I had a passenger and was running pump gas as well.

YouTube - BBI Turbo vs LP640 vs Proto Turbo
Little bit of info on the Lp640.. We have dynoed 4-5 of them.. and they all make around 455-460 awhp. With exhaust they make around 480 awhp, and there is one exhaust system, which deletes all cats, its custom made and with air filters it produced just under 500 awhp. No chip has been shown to make power yet. There is NO lp640 making 700hp with exhaust.

Also that is a roadster.. slowest of the Lp's...

Are you in Cali?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Luis
Put down the crackpipe.
Anyday.... from a stop the 997tt Tip will certainly win. It puts the power to the ground much better. Gallardo produces all its torque up top. On a roll, where the Gallardo is in its element it will go toe to toe with the 997Tt if its stock all day long..

Btw, how have you been?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Old 02-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Little bit of info on the Lp640.. We have dynoed 4-5 of them.. and they all make around 455-460 awhp. With exhaust they make around 480 awhp, and there is one exhaust system, which deletes all cats, its custom made and with air filters it produced just under 500 awhp. No chip has been shown to make power yet. There is NO lp640 making 700hp with exhaust.

Also that is a roadster.. slowest of the Lp's...

Are you in Cali?
All I know is what the owner told me. If the car is putting down 480 hp to the wheel then it is in the 550 hp range at the crank. My only point was that if my moderately modified Turbo (Stage II plus with stock internals and stock turbos) can run with a Murci then it can more than hold its own against a Gallardo. And just look at AAHT's Turbo lay waste to us both! His Turbo would take ANY Lambo of any ilk or modification.

My location is to be kept a secret to protect the innocent . . .

Last edited by Barrister; 02-17-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
I would get an atom and spend the rest on track days etc.

Otherwise I would get a RS look cobalt GT3

Quick Reply: Would you get a Lambo G or something else for $100k?