Notices

FS: 996 Turbo UMW 2C turbos/system

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
FS: 996turbo UMW 2C turbos/system (Sold!)

FS: 996 turbo UltimateMotorWerks (UMW) 2C+ setup, SOLD!

This system is designed and built by arguably the best turbo builder in the US and the only one that Porsche trusts to rebuild it's factory 959 and 962 turbos. The Turbo is a reworked K24 hotside that can spin faster and more efficiently. The compressor side is UMWs infamous proprietary Zero Clearanced K26 housing stuffed with a Porsche GT2 type impeller wheel. Zero Clearance is a process that effectively creates a wear path between the compressor wheel and the housing that significantly reduces the clearance between the impeller and the housing to a fraction of what a normal Turbo has, dramatically increasing the efficiency of the turbo over almost any turbo on the market.

In comparison, UMW's smallest kit the K16 based Stage2 produced enough power at sea level that it lifted the front wheels off the ground on an otherwise stock AWD 996 turbo during launch (using high octane fuel and profile). UMW/Kevin’s tuning is legendary for being among the best in the industry.

This setup developed 563hp/567tq to the WHEELS on 91 Octane at 6500’ elevation on my ‘01 turbo (the other UMW 2b 996 turbo and I are known as the fastest Porsches in the Rocky Mountain area and arguably the quickest on 91 Octane). I have over 6000 miles with 0 problems. Outside the intake plenum, You can install this setup yourself if you are a half decent wrench, you don't have to use the plenum but it will significantly decrease full boost rpm's and increase airflow. I HIGHLY recommend getting a performance clutch, I personally like the UltimateMotorWerks (UMW) LWFW/Clutch combination.

This should be a turnkey system pending your setup, outside of tuning code that you can get from Kevin specific to your car. This setup is excellent condition and is a designed system and will not be parted. The beauty of this is you will not have to go through the painful break in process, excellent personal support from Kevin and a screaming deal on a proven bolt on setup designed and built by one of the best tuners in the business, you will NOT be disappointed. This setup will be removed in September/October, I’ll split shipping with buyer.

What you get:

UMW Zero Clearance K24/26 with Porsche GT2 type compressor
UMW 1 bar Wastegates
UMW Intake Plenum and Intake Hoses, clamps
UMW Fuel Injectors
UMW Modified Fuel Rails
UMW FPR
UMW Fuel Filter
UMW Braided Fuel Filter Hose
UMW CF Intake
UMW Custom MAF
UMW DME Code/Profile Loader and Cable
Ported Headers

Several forum members know my car if you want referrals.
There will probably be quite a bit of interest at this price, so to be fair to all, first cash takes, a deposit will be ok until shipped. All PM's answered.

Here are some pics when turbos were new ;-)

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 09-09-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: SOLD!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
This has been sold, thanks for all the interest.

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 09-09-2010 at 01:28 PM.