Notices
Automobiles
Sponsored by INTERCITY LINES AUTOMOBILE TRANSPORT

FS: 1972 Datsun 240Z

Old 10-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond repute
Post FS: 1972 Datsun 240Z

Name:  963008441_dsc_7331.jpg
Views: 84058
Size:  131.0 KB

1972 Datsun 240Z

$125k

OK guys. Many of you have followed the build on this car on here, and now I have to put it up for sale. I wish I had enough money to keep the cars I build!

So, anyway, I'll be straight to the point. You can CLICK HERE to see the build thread on this car.

I sold my supercharged 997S that was a cover car for Excellence to finish this Z. I say that to point out that it's not just "any Datsun". This car put down 439RWHP on pump gas with a beautiful graph to boot. It's been fully rotisserie restored by one of the biggest names in Barrett Jackson auto restoration. No expense has been spared.

Oh, and as for interior pics, I need to actually get some more! The interior of this car is 100% stock and 100% PERFECT. I had to track down every piece and replace it or restore it. This is why this car took nearly 4 years (at 40hrs/wk) to finish.

Here's some that I had on my hard drive.

Oh, and the graph (We got five more later, but here's what I have).

Now, I have another project and have decided to put the 240 up for sale.

I have a zillion pics of the restoration and fabrication of this car. Just let me know if you want to see something that isn't up on the build thread.

Take care! You can PM me here or email me at jared@jaredcullop.com if you like.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
beautiful build bro... someone will be very lucky to own this!
GLWS

Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Shame you have to sell it. Best of luck. Its beautiful!

Old 10-11-2010, 03:37 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
One of the sickest builds around, can't believe you are selling it.. what's next?

Old 10-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ljg
One of the sickest builds around, can't believe you are selling it.. what's next?
I've got an LS3, 6 speed, diff, suspension, wheels/tires, brakes out of a 2010 Camaro SS that has only 37 miles on it. I want a track car, and I need money too because my wife and I are going to be taking the next few years off and going overseas to work with a charity. Selling this car means I don't have to write newsletters soliciting support!

I think I'll get an FD RX-7 roller for $5k or so and put the LS3 stuff into it, along with a cage, and call it a day. I'll have my track car then.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Blakt Out
I've got an LS3, 6 speed, diff, suspension, wheels/tires, brakes out of a 2010 Camaro SS that has only 37 miles on it. I want a track car, and I need money too because my wife and I are going to be taking the next few years off and going overseas to work with a charity. Selling this car means I don't have to write newsletters soliciting support!

I think I'll get an FD RX-7 roller for $5k or so and put the LS3 stuff into it, along with a cage, and call it a day. I'll have my track car then.
Can't fault you for wanting to build a track car like that and pull some money out, but I remember thinking when you started your build thread for the Z that it was a car you would probably keep forever. Of course it is not in my budget to pick it up, but someone will surely be getting a hell of a car.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks a ton, Lawrence.

I took an underbody shot while it was up on the lift.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
This car is immaculate. I see it daily.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light4DRSpeed is a glorious beacon of light
Definitely a great ride!

Last edited by 4DRSpeed; 10-13-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
I walked under this car while it was on a lift and it is absolutely immaculate. An amazing Z.

I trust it'll be at the show this weekend?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1972 Datsun 240Z